The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I need to install a exterior/interior electrical cutout switchs, any suggestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hi, our rules are getting tougher down here. We now have to have a FIA style electrical cutoff switch inside and outside. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Great thanks! What amps is the small electrical switch you have? the ones I have seen are much bigger. Be nice to have something smaller

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I have a very similar setup in my car--the question is whether or not you need a true battery disconnect, or just a kill switch.

Mine is a kill switch--it kills power to the PCM from the battery, so the car shuts off completely, but there can still be energized components in the system.

1243665_10100420880159784_1478020768_o.jpg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Looking at the rules, I need a full battery disconnect. Where did you get that shifter?? Just what I was looking for :D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mad Hatter said:
Looking at the rules, I need a full battery disconnect. Where did you get that shifter?? Just what I was looking for :D

http://www.productinnovationsonline.com/Shift_Knobs.html

4" Delrin Hardbar knob, Steeda shifter.

TMO Supporting Vendors