The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kenny Brown has passed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting Rob, many of us in the Midwest were close friends with Paul Brown who lived in Omaha, and though I had him working on my Mustangs at HP Motorsports ( his business along with a partner ) and knew his relationship with Saleen for warranty work and racing Sponsorship, I was not aware of the tie in with his Dad and Steve Saleen, since Kenny had moved to Indianapolis. Thanks for filling in a bit of history and both father and son left a strong legacy within the Ford racing community.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
personally I am / was a big fan of Paul Brown and considered him a friend... I had the privilege of being the pit crew for Paul when he got his professional driving license... the same weekend his father fired him because he did... just not a fan of Kenny.. but history is history, and opinions vary...

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I do agree with you, I was not overly fond of Kenny as Paul and I were good friends, but as they have both passed away now, one does have to admit both were forces in helping with Ford Performance. The sad part of the story was that the two of them did not get along well, but both held a strong allegiance to Ford throughout their lives.

I have Paul Browns front SLA on my Sn95 Race Car. Didn't know Paul, but of his business partners Bart Spivey and I are friends here in Az. Bart has a pro type SLA for a S197 chassis I might try out one of these years.

TMO Supporting Vendors