The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Coneicide, Pylonitis, Apex Directional Murderer, Orange is not the new Black. You will have to go to Conehead Prison now, haha.
The Yokohamas responsible for the heinous act have been found guilty by an incredibly partial jury of their Hoosier peers, and have been sentenced to death.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY

First time out at ACS, second track day ever - 1:57.05 according to the transponder. Stock GT350 except for PSC2s.

0442C698-DA41-4570-AFF8-927C8D778364.jpeg

@PaddyPrix I was wondering whose GT that was on the trailer after the last run.

WSIR (BIG WILLOW)
The first track day, and the one that got me hooked! Stock. Totally toasted the MPSSs on the front by the end of the day. 1:44.02.

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY

First time out at ACS, second track day ever - 1:57.05 according to the transponder. Stock GT350 except for PSC2s.

View attachment 63617

@PaddyPrix I was wondering whose GT that was on the trailer after the last run.

WSIR (BIG WILLOW)
The first track day, and the one that got me hooked! Stock. Totally toasted the MPSSs on the front by the end of the day. 1:44.02.
Good start to things, that's for sure. Come by and say hi next time :)

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
2018 GT, lightened, 315 A7, Home Depot front splitter
Auto Club Speedway - 1:46.767

Seems Drew's time at ACS is safe from me, but from Alessandro, well...

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
2:19.86 yesterday at VIR Full with NASA. Fastest in HPDE1 by quite a bit. ;)

Fast lap first time I went 1.5 years ago was 2:32... then 2:26 with Chin two weeks ago... so I'm making progress. (Easy to do when you're new and slow) :) And new Goodyear Supercar 3 tires also help a bit.

I'm hooked.

Track: Autoclub Speedway (ROVAL)
Time: 1:44:45
Car: 2018 Mustang GT 10speed
Wheels: 18x11 APEX EC-7
Tires: 315/30-18 4 heat cycle
Cortex JRi Coilovers, APR 250 wing, Italian Performance Splitter
Weight :3931lbs with me.

Video to come. Hopefully soon lol.
My second time at Autoclub. Cirst time was with a stock car on nt01. (In 2018 Ome of my first ever trackday )
Love the speed here guys.
I definitely have the 43. This was session 4 and huge fuel starvation in t2
I really hope to go back before they shut it down. I doubt tho.
Lots of fun and nice nice friendlyMustang group with Patrick Tom Eric.

IMG_20210322_065412_206.jpg

2:19.86 yesterday at VIR Full with NASA. Fastest in HPDE1 by quite a bit. ;)

Fast lap first time I went 1.5 years ago was 2:32... then 2:26 with Chin two weeks ago... so I'm making progress. (Easy to do when you're new and slow) :) And new Goodyear Supercar 3 tires also help a bit.

I'm hooked.
I was at that same event. My first time ever at that track and it was a handful to learn. And still have quite a bit to learn and improve on.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
I was at that same event. My first time ever at that track and it was a handful to learn. And still have quite a bit to learn and improve on.
You were parked near me. I'll come say hi next time. :)
I met lots of nice folks- it was my first NASA event but it won't be my last.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
I wonder what would be without fuel starvation and the mistake after chicane.
But chicame at 123mph felt..intense!
I didn't get too many chances to get a good exit out of 6, but yeah, heh, hitting that flat and with the pedal down is quite a rush, huh?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Newcomers, read AJ Hartman's comments about his first run at VIR. I point this out because many of you know of him and his company producing top notch aerodynamic parts for the Mustang and other vehicles. He comments that it is a difficult track , tough to learn and a real handful is something new Trackmice ( figure you are not a Rat yet, ha ) need to hear. So many new drivers get down on themselves because they feel a track is tough to learn or they are not quite getting the hang of it. Well, here is a statement to take to heart , to give you confidence that we all have the same issue, and the tracks that are the most fun are often the hardest to learn. You just heard Mr. Hartman say he had alot more to learn and it was tough and..............................many of you may know about the cool Aero pieces he makes , but were you aware he is also the NASA American Iron National Champion of 2019!!!

Humble comment, but you need to know we all have this situation occur to us regardless of talent at one track or another.

Thanks AJ for you candor!

Newcomers, read AJ Hartman's comments about his first run at VIR. I point this out because many of you know of him and his company producing top notch aerodynamic parts for the Mustang and other vehicles. He comments that it is a difficult track , tough to learn and a real handful is something new Trackmice ( figure you are not a Rat yet, ha ) need to hear. So many new drivers get down on themselves because they feel a track is tough to learn or they are not quite getting the hang of it. Well, here is a statement to take to heart , to give you confidence that we all have the same issue, and the tracks that are the most fun are often the hardest to learn. You just heard Mr. Hartman say he had alot more to learn and it was tough and..............................many of you may know about the cool Aero pieces he makes , but were you aware he is also the NASA American Iron National Champion of 2019!!!

Humble comment, but you need to know we all have this situation occur to us regardless of talent at one track or another.

Thanks AJ for you candor!
Glad my comments were helpful. I've been racing for 11 years now, and still learning. I just finished my video of the weekend (posted below). One of the challenges was with yellows, or black flags, by the time saturdays race came I had 9 green laps around the track under my belt. The race gave me another 7 or 8 green laps. So by sundays race, I felt better, but still had less than 20 laps around the track! Coupled with a weird brake bias issue that wasn't present with hoosiers, but was an issue on Toyos, it was a challenging weekend for sure. And as you mentioned, yes, I won nationals at Mid Ohio in 2019 in American Iron, and set the Ai lap record that weekend as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel