The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fresno, ca
Just bought the car so took it out to test.
Buttonwillow CW13. 2018 350R. All I've done is camber plates and 305 square GYSC3Rs.
I'm pretty happy considering i am still trying to figure out tire pressures, alignment settings, and other setup parameters. Still slower than my old car, but I had eight years to develop that one. 😂

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
So CA
Just bought the car so took it out to test.
Buttonwillow CW13. 2018 350R. All I've done is camber plates and 305 square GYSC3Rs.
I'm pretty happy considering i am still trying to figure out tire pressures, alignment settings, and other setup parameters. Still slower than my old car, but I had eight years to develop that one. 😂
How did the 3Rs feel, any comparison against the OEM PSC2s on the 13CW?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Going around the last big sweeper at 140++ makes one have to say in Italian, " Mama Mia you gotta some spicy Meatballs!!"

Nice to see a solid run back there as most of the videos will show someone running around there at 120mph, and there is so much more there, you just have to suck it up , keep your foot to the floor , and................pray, haha!

Thanks for sharing , that was impressive!!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Salt Lake City, UT
Car: 2018 Mustang pp1 10speed
Track: Willow Springs
Time: 1:23.1
A7 , Cortex JRi , Fulcrum14 ,Splitter Roma. Oztuning.
I know is crazy but i think there is another second.
Maybe next time. :)
Mistakes in t9 and t5 (ice pedal too )
Over slowed is some turns. But was testing bunch of stuff. So happy :)
Hope u enjoy!

1:23 is pretty damn fast. Good job.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
All times are updated.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Car: 2018 Mustang pp1 10speed
Track: Willow Springs
Time: 1:23.1
A7 , Cortex JRi , Fulcrum14 ,Splitter Roma. Oztuning.
I know is crazy but i think there is another second.
Maybe next time. :)
Mistakes in t9 and t5 (ice pedal too )
Over slowed is some turns. But was testing bunch of stuff. So happy :)
Hope u enjoy!

So let me get this right... So I can brag about mustangs to the porsche crowd. Thats more or less the same time Randy Pobst gets in a Porsche 918 spyder?

This version of Willow?
1644964234559.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fresno, ca
So let me get this right... So I can brag about mustangs to the porsche crowd. Thats more or less the same time Randy Pobst gets in a Porsche 918 spyder?

This version of Willow?

That's seriously impressive. Of course, these are street cars...

I'm jealous of the quick shifts and being able to down shift any time you want (even mid turn). Man, that's nice.

WSIR top times.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Day yam, that is busting through the Bayou at serious speed! Congrats and to think I used to know you when you were slow, ha. I not sure ole Pemberton is going to be able to pedal as fast as you do the next time we are on track together.

Monaca Pa
Managed a 1:51 at PIRC I'm trying to get under 1:50. This video has some good dishing with a little blue job. Sliding thru some turns and locking it up if you notice the smoke.
Welcome to TMO.
My best time is 2:00 flat At Pitt Race. I hope to break into the sub 2 min times this year. jcm bird do you go to Pitt Race often??

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Export Pa.
Welcome to TMO.
My best time is 2:00 flat At Pitt Race. I hope to break into the sub 2 min times this year. jcm bird do you go to Pitt Race often??
It's my local track so yes. Jeff you can do better. What tires are you running? Watch a viper lose it!

TMO Supporting Vendors