The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Export Pa.
JCM Bird --- nice video and you deserve a 100% for your first post as that is some solid driving my friend.

Welcome.
Thanks Bill. I'm getting my schedule together. Do you race? I'll probably do a PCA school and some PIRC track days. The Vintage race as well. Note some of these guys are really pro's. Look forward to meeting you guys. Let me know if you need any help. Ps this is NASA American iron extreme car that I run in SCCA SPO class and vintage.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Congrats and to think I used to know you when you were slow, ha.
Good instruction sure helps. Oh yea, good tires also. I started the weekend on a set of Cup2s. They were 2+ years old and had over 15 sessions on them. I corded them and put on takeoffs. WOW. From one session to another I dropped 8 seconds. Then it rained. Dodging puddles today was Un Fun. Great weekend.

Monaca Pa
It's my local track so yes. Jeff you can do better. What tires are you running? Watch a viper lose it!
I live about 15 min from the track. My track tires are

Bridgestone POTENZA RE-71R . I blew up the engine August 3. I hope to have new engine done by first track night in April. My car is more street car for now. It’s a 2016 with only 13307 miles on it. It’s my toy lol​

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Damn, Duane you a moving!! A respected friend of mine called me the " Bermeister " many years ago as I kissed every curbing I found on a road course. You too, are a student that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line and man did you hammer those racing berms. I might have to give up my title and bestow it upon you , Bermeister Black , that was super fun to watch. Momentum is the key with a V6 and you are going to be super dangerous one of these days when you get a V8 in your hands.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Managed a 1:51 at PIRC I'm trying to get under 1:50. This video has some good dishing with a little blue job. Sliding thru some turns and locking it up if you notice the smoke.
Great run!
Give us some details and I'll get you in the list.

The preferred format is:

Track
Time
Car
Suspension
Tires

Updated with the exception of jcm bird
Awaiting details.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
12 second improvement ..............Holy Cow that is around 120 car lengths per lap faster, so you would have lapped yourself quite quickly at your new pace! Congrats Patrick!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Difference between driving a street car (with a race motor) on the track and a purpose built car... ;) . I doubt I have improved the driver that much.

Lots of comments from all the Porsche and BMW drivers about how entertaining it was to follow me through the turns...🤣. Most initially thought I was out of control, but then realized after a lap or two and talking to me after sessions, it just is what it is with vintage bias-ply slicks.

Had one lady in a 928 come up after the first session Sunday morning...she had been trying to catch and get around me all weekend. With two laps left in the session my throttle pedal broke off (again) going into 14. Unknowingly, I went back to the throttle tracking out onto the front stretch and of course jammed the throttle to the floor causing a roughly 60 degree drift...so she backed off a little...but then went on the attack. Finally after battling the throttle half way around I pointed her by coming out of 9 onto the back stretch. She came up after the session...she was proud of herself. Then I had to tell her I broke the throttle pedal...I let her down as easy as I could...certainly wasn't a D' about it and congratulated her. Of course her husband...a seasoned instructor also felt the need to come by. I also congratulated him on his wife's progress...she was doing really well.

P.S. I misspoke relative to the car listed above. She was driving a Porsche Cayman R. I'm certainly not a fluent in all their models. Had a partial roll cage installed.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
First time at VIR North Course
2018 Mustang GT PP2 race car. Michelin S9M slicks, Cortex JRi coil overs, Apex 18x11 flow formed wheels NASA ST2/TT2 legal
1:39.02
you beat me to it...

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Auto Club Speedway - 1:44.562
315 A7 / the Albuquerque Stripper

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Auto Club Speedway - 1:44.562
315 A7 / the Albuquerque Stripper
Congrats and Happy Birthday @PaddyPrix !! A lot of blood sweat and tears leading up to this milestone - so much fun being there for the moment!

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Awesoooooomeeeeeness
Heh, if I was going to be #2, it'd just have to be to you.

Congrats and Happy Birthday @PaddyPrix !! A lot of blood sweat and tears leading up to this milestone - so much fun being there for the moment!
What a difference a year makes, huh? All those late nights working in and spray painting their garage bays coming to fruition. Thanks to you too, I couldn't have done it without your help, and a bunch of others too... a strange individual team effort of sorts.

TMO Supporting Vendors