The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice lap and it was cool at Topeka this past weekend. There were quite a few Mustangs running over the weekend with NASA and you would have been doing quite well with the fast HPDE drivers. Consider signing up with them next year, you would have a riot.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I took 3 seconds off my previois best on VIR grand.

I participated in the Car and Driver Lightning Lap TT program, and won the LL1 street car category, which is just street cars that MSRP under $35k.

275/30R18 RE71r were up to the task... I even dropped 2 tires trying to milk a sub 3 minutes out of it... but I just couldnt do it. :(

3:00.791, official nasa time...
2013 V6 Mustang
275/30R18 tires, 18x10 wheels
Boss 302 suspension, 50 lbs reduces

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I took 3 seconds off my previois best on VIR grand.

I participated in the Car and Driver Lightning Lap TT program, and won the LL1 street car category, which is just street cars that MSRP under $35k.

275/30R18 RE71r were up to the task... I even dropped 2 tires trying to milk a sub 3 minutes out of it... but I just couldnt do it. :(

3:00.791, official nasa time...
2013 V6 Mustang
275/30R18 tires, 18x10 wheels
Boss 302 suspension, 50 lbs reduces

That's getting it done Duane!!! I'm hoping THSCC runs Grand at the end of February again. Would love to try that layout again.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
That's getting it done Duane!!! I'm hoping THSCC runs Grand at the end of February again. Would love to try that layout again.

I’d be interested in a THSCC/VIR Grand course event as well. It’s been a minute since I’ve run that configuration.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
Carolina Motorsports Park
Boone--'05 GT, 5.3BBB w/ 2.6L Kenne Bell, H&R coilovers & stuff, Pirelli 295/680/19, --1:42.700
In the session where we connected, you were definitely quick. Quicker than I was. I think if your brakes had lasted you’d have been in the low 1:42’s or even better. Good run.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Thanks for the comment, and I hope we meet up again. You're spot on that I have some work to do on the brakes. I'm going to be as good as I can be on the 4P Brembo setup next year (rebuilt calipers, fresh pads and rotors), and then I'll determine if a move to 6P is warranted. Lots of work to do on the nut behind the wheel as well. I think the high 1:30s are possible with a more predictable brake pedal and some fresher tires.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
Thanks for the comment, and I hope we meet up again. You're spot on that I have some work to do on the brakes. I'm going to be as good as I can be on the 4P Brembo setup next year (rebuilt calipers, fresh pads and rotors), and then I'll determine if a move to 6P is warranted. Lots of work to do on the nut behind the wheel as well. I think the high 1:30s are possible with a more predictable brake pedal and some fresher tires.
Brakes + tires + driver tuning = 1:39.nnn? I can see it.

Ron McCall

Pantera1889
Here's my best lap from VIR yesterday. Not going to be getting any calls to drive a pro team any time soon but I did manage to go faster each session. The lap after this one , I was 1.83 seconds ahead of this one and missed a downshift going into Oak Tree and spun the car.
Oh well. I think the car will go 1:55 or better with some more time and a better performenmce from the driver. I'm giving up way too much time in some of these corners. Maybe next time.

Ron

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Love the video Ron, and brings back memories of my old Boss , Bob Woodhouse , running his red mist Pantera ( it was red and he succumbed to the mist occasionally , ha ) ! Talented driver and though he went on to race Vipers and even holds a track record of two today, he still has a soft spot for the Ford Pantera. Thanks for posting!!!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Here's my best lap from VIR yesterday. Not going to be getting any calls to drive a pro team any time soon but I did manage to go faster each session. The lap after this one , I was 1.83 seconds ahead of this one and missed a downshift going into Oak Tree and spun the car.
Oh well. I think the car will go 1:55 or better with some more time and a better performenmce from the driver. I'm giving up way too much time in some of these corners. Maybe next time.

Ron
What a treat to see someone drive their Pantera!

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
North Carolina

Ron
I was there on Saturday and was drooling over your car all day. So so sick. Easily my favorite car to show up. Cool to see you here.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
A few new PB times to add here, including one new NASA TT3 track record!

For all runs:

2020 GT350, suspension work, 325/30/r19 Goodyear SC3s all around.

First, Barber back in July. Wasn't able to break into the 1:3x range as I wanted due to boiling the brake fluid (yike!) but managed a new PB 1:40.259

Then, NCM Motorsports Park in October. Knocked a second off of my PB, but still need to get comfortable pushing the car harder. Got crushed by Ryan, another member here, in a stock GT350 by several seconds - nice driving! 2:23.627

Finally, the most exciting one for me at my home track Nashville Superspeedway. I got a new PB by nearly 2 seconds and set a new NASA TT3 track record at 1:05.691 (the official transponder time - Track Addict shows 1:05.694).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel