The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Managed to squeeze out a 1:47.7 with the school car at Laguna last week during the SpeedSF day.

View attachment 2854
That's REALLY GOOD!
What's the red thing on the grill by the right fog light delete?
Looks like a change purse....you run anybody over in the paddock?

Last edited:
Road Atlanta with Chin the only clean lap all weekend in Blue Group. Not sure why I lost speed data going into 10a but I was hitting 150 before braking.

1:40.06
NT01 305 square on Apex Wheels
MM Camber Plates

That's REALLY GOOD!
What's the red thing on the grill by the right fog light delete?
Looks like a change purse....you run anybody over in the paddock?

LOL...SpeedSF had transponders available, and they told us to simply zip tie it anywhere on the car...looks cute though. Specfab should offer them ;-)

Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Spanish Fort, AL
Are there any laps for NOLA Motorsports Park? My times are pretty typical for for the intermediate groups at NOLA and Barber:

In the last month:
NOLA 2:05.4
Barber 1:49.45

2013 GT TP - MM springs and camber plates, Koni shocks, ToyoR888 295/30-18

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Ran a 1:38.501 at Laguna yesterday....moving forward ever so slowly, but moving forward just the same.

R7 Scrubs

Ran a 2:23.97 at Sebring this Sunday ('17 GT350R/Hoosier A7's). Missed Nick's time by a tenth! There's definitely more left, but with almost no run off, and lots of bumpy turns, Sebring demands a little extra respect. Still not bad for my first time at Sebring. Already looking forward to going back next year! I'll upload a video of the lap as soon as i get it up on Youtube.

@Black Boss Nice meeting you this weekend, And hope to see you at the track next year sometime.

Nice time. Looking forward to your video. Usually the most time to be made is the entry to 17 and the apex speed in turn 1. Bishops is how big your man bearings are ;)

Peter

Thanks! You hit the nail on the head! I would say the entry to 17 is where I left most on the table. That, and I'm quite certain I can go through Bishops Bend flat out. Just gotta baby step my way up to it. But for just 5 total sessions at Sebring, I'm very happy with the 2:23.

Thanks! You hit the nail on the head! I would say the entry to 17 is where I left most on the table. That, and I'm quite certain I can go through Bishops Bend flat out. Just gotta baby step my way up to it. But for just 5 total sessions at Sebring, I'm very happy with the 2:23.

As you should be with that time. The issue with Bishops flat out is being able to get straight and slowed down for 15A, it is a balancing act for sure.

Peter

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
@Serpent Stang Great to meet you. Hopefully we'll get to run together next time!

Daytona Stock GT350R on R7's: 2:02.35 -- had to lift for traffic at Start/Finish.

Top speed was 169 on prior lap -- seems to be Vmax on these tires.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Daytona Stock GT350R on R7's: 2:02.35 -- had to lift for traffic at Start/Finish.
Caught that on my YT subscriptions...hauling the mail. Pleased that Scott S. was able to keep pace with you, gives me hope for my upcoming cambered axle swap.

Track: WSIR, Big Willow, Willow Springs Raceway
Date: 12/16/17
Best Time: 1:27.50
car: 17 GT350R
Source: AiM Solo DL and youtube
Tires: 305/325, Goodyear 3R (ZL1 1LE tires)
Tire pressures (hot): 42psi (definitely way too high)
Suspension: stock with front camber plates (-3.5)
AdvanceTrac: OFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------

here is my lap at Big Willow at Willow Springs (WSIR)....This is my first ever track session with this 2017 GT350R. (I've ran another 2017 GT350 a couple of times on track, not WSIR though).

Top speed: 140 front straight, 136 back straight.
T1 min speed - 88mph
T2 min speed 90mph
Omega min speed - 58mph
T5 min speed - 67mph
T8 min speed - 125mph
T9 min speed - 98mph
yes, I really bounced around a ton at T8.

car is stock, except for camber plate. narrower GT350 wheels (carbon fiber wheels are sitting in my garage being admired). But most importantly I had 305/325 (stock is 305/315) Goodyear 3R tires (ZL1 1LE tires).
this is a gummy tire, faster than stock Sport Cup 2 tire I am sure. Looking at the data, I did lift briefly as I caught the 2 cars at T9 (see the little dip below on AIM graph). A driver with bigger ball (for T9) with clean traffic and correct tire pressure (I ran ~7psi too high) is a 1:25 car if not faster. This car is a beast !!

AIM Solo data
ogc1ue.jpg

Last edited:
Nice lap, you were flying!

Awesome to see someone running 3Rs...when my current NT01s, and my standby PSC2s are used up, that’s what’s next for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors