The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
Streets of Willow (CCW)
Stock Boss on NT01s 275 Square --1:27.09

First time running CCW and it was a hot day so I'm satisfied with that time.
Definitely need to clean up a few corners and play around with damper settings some more since it is a rough track. Bumped the front down to 4 for the last session (bumpy right hander gave me trouble getting the front end to stick on corner entry) and I was able to record my best lap time even though it was the hottest part of the day).
Put the smaller (20mm I think) rear sway bar on and I think I could go even smaller next time, still had to be very precise with the throttle on corner exit.

Attachments

• i-xBGKbSb-X3.jpg
    i-xBGKbSb-X3.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
1:54:531
ROVAL AUTOCLUB SPPEDWAY.
Stock GT 18 PP1 WITH SQUARE 305MM NITTO
Very nice roadcourse. I'm really in love with it.
It reminds me MONZA in someway.
Long straights. High speed. Big braking. And super fast (100mph) chicane.

Most important. I was able to find a pace without oil cooling problems.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in Thunderhill next month.
I'd love to learn more about your choice on coilovers.
Those left-right turns showed me how soft my suspensions are.
97b1c041d8fdcf4f4f2830dfc077c977.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HardYakka

Avalanche Gray '17
@85Gold were you actually running the RS-4s on the stock 19" rims? I as thinking the same . Would that be 305/30 or 305/35 all around? Also, what camber are you running on the track? Thanks!

Got a couple of entries Harry's with external GPS but the iPhone videos suck.

Sebring Home Track
March 26, 2017
GT350 TP
100% stock on OEM MPSS
2:28.99

Atlanta Motorsports Park 1st time
Aug 12, 2017
GT350 TP
Camber Plates and 305 square setup on stock rims Hankook RS-4
1:34.55

Memphis Motorsports Park 1st time
Aug 13, 2017
GT350 TP
Camber Plates and 305 square setup on stock rims Hankook RS-4
1:15.52

Peter

The Ford Performance alignment recommendations are ok for a street/track car but for serious track work you’ll want more neg camber.

For the tires you can go straight to a square setup on the stock wheels with no other modifications. I’d run the 30 series tires and the SC2’s work very well.

HardYakka

Avalanche Gray '17
Thanks @VoodooBoss always really helpful. I'm thinking because I see most of my miles on the track, I'll experiment with more negative camber as you suggest. Cheers

The Ford Performance alignment recommendations are ok for a street/track car but for serious track work you’ll want more neg camber.

For the tires you can go straight to a square setup on the stock wheels with no other modifications. I’d run the 30 series tires and the SC2’s work very well.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
CA
Track: Buttonwillow Raceway Park
Date: 09/22/2018
Best Time: 1:59.608
Source: Transponder
Car: 2011 S197 GT/5.0
Tires: 275/35/18 RSRR
Wheels: Apex 18x11
Suspension: Vorshlag Coilovers, camber plates, LCA, UCA, Watts Link
Aero: stock GT spoiler, Boss 302 mini "splitter"
Power: Stock everything, no tune
AdvanceTrac: OFF

No crazy time, but on 275 RSRR mid level 200tw tires and neither a tune nor real aero.
This was likely my last time on stock power and no aero, so I´m pretty stoked to still brake the 2min mark on this specific setup.
It`s more a personal thing and to get my Miata friends off my back and I rarely been happier while objectively running slower.

TX
Howdy all -

Headed back to COTA this weekend. Anyone have any AIM Solo data files I can use to compare my times with while at the track this weekend? Looking to get into the 2:20s and would love some extra data points for comparison.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Howdy all -

Headed back to COTA this weekend. Anyone have any AIM Solo data files I can use to compare my times with while at the track this weekend? Looking to get into the 2:20s and would love some extra data points for comparison.
You might want to work with these guys for some online coaching. Pro racers that do video critique.
https://racers360.com/l/one-lap-analysis.html

Or if you want to PM me your video and tell me which lap to look at I can offer my advice, but my resume is less impressive :)

You can use this for your reference, if you like.

In this video I was turning in too early in T9--don't do that. Also depending on the configuration of speed bumps that are (or are not) installed, you may not be able to use all of the painted exit surface as shown in this video.

TX
You might want to work with these guys for some online coaching. Pro racers that do video critique.
https://racers360.com/l/one-lap-analysis.html

Or if you want to PM me your video and tell me which lap to look at I can offer my advice, but my resume is less impressive :)

You can use this for your reference, if you like.

In this video I was turning in too early in T9--don't do that. Also depending on the configuration of speed bumps that are (or are not) installed, you may not be able to use all of the painted exit surface as shown in this video.

I watch a lot of Racers360 stuff. Grreat coach and awesome how much time he puts in sharing his experience and knowledge!

Thanks for sharing the video! By chance would you be willing to share the data file? (Is it from an AIM solo?). I'm looking for a good referencr lap to compare with in Race analysis in between sessions.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

I watch a lot of Racers360 stuff. Grreat coach and awesome how much time he puts in sharing his experience and knowledge!

Thanks for sharing the video! By chance would you be willing to share the data file? (Is it from an AIM solo?). I'm looking for a good referencr lap to compare with in Race analysis in between sessions.
PM me your email address and I'll send the .drk file--that's all I can do with Race Studio 2 format stuff.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel