The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
You might want to work with these guys for some online coaching. Pro racers that do video critique.
https://racers360.com/l/one-lap-analysis.html

Wow. I sent in a video yesterday and got the review back today... What a huge help!!! I try to go to as many track classes as possible but this was much better.... ( and way cheaper). Very very precise and clear.... Thanks for the great tip!

Welcome to TMO. Do you still own both cars?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Dothan, Alabama
2014 GT
MODS:
Tires: 275/35/19 Continental extreme contact DW(340tw)
Suspension: SR springs, Koni yellows
Drivetrain: Kooks headers full exhaust back and tune
Road Atlanta 1:50.6
Carolina Motorsports Park 1:58.0

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Hi Drew, Are the Alpinestar gloves SFI? Love the look.
Bjorn--they are either SFI or FIA rated (exceeding SFI). Don't have them handy right now but they are definitely safety-compliant.
I try to buy fresh gloves towards the end of year holiday season when vendors are discounting/clearing out this year's remnants to make room for the next year's designs.

Fair

Go Big or Go Home
Supporting Vendor
Plano, TX

My personal best lap in my 2018 GT at COTA is above. Its good but not great - definitely more time in the car. Mods include:
  • MCS RR2 coilovers, Vorshlag camber plates, Whiteline swaybars
  • 19x11" Forgestar wheels, 315/30/19 Hoosier A7 tires
  • Powerbrake 380x34mm 6 piston front brakes, PB13 pad, 4" cooling; G-LOC R16 rears
  • Magnaflow axle-back exhaust, otherwise stock drivetrain, 417 whp avg
  • Sparco Circuit II seat, Scroth 6-point harness, Vorshlag 4-point roll bar, full interior
  • Car weighed 3607 lbs w/o fuel, raced at 3876 lbs with fuel/driver/ballast during this session

My personal best lap in my 2018 GT at COTA is above. Its good but not great - definitely more time in the car. Mods include:
  • MCS RR2 coilovers, Vorshlag camber plates, Whiteline swaybars
  • 19x11" Forgestar wheels, 315/30/19 Hoosier A7 tires
  • Powerbrake 380x34mm 6 piston front brakes, PB13 pad, 4" cooling; G-LOC R16 rears
  • Magnaflow axle-back exhaust, otherwise stock drivetrain, 417 whp avg
  • Sparco Circuit II seat, Scroth 6-point harness, Vorshlag 4-point roll bar, full interior
  • Car weighed 3607 lbs w/o fuel, raced at 3876 lbs with fuel/driver/ballast during this session

You suck, I hate you

TMO Supporting Vendors