The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 LS3 Pony Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
It's not much but I got my trans temp gage installed and working. I had to add a ground wire to my 1 wire sensor. I also have a matching oil temp gage that I need to install at some point. Diff temp probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.
IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
halfway between Mosport and Shannonville
It's not much but I got my trans temp gage installed and working. I had to add a ground wire to my 1 wire sensor. I also have a matching oil temp gage that I need to install at some point. Diff temp probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.
View attachment 67906

View attachment 67907

How did you figure that out? I have a Derale trans temp gauge that starts to read at 140 and the needle never moves despite getting readings off the aeroquip lines of 170F with a infrared heat gun. Nothing in the directions said anything about adding a ground wire on the sensor, but I'll be adding one today and hope that is the magic bullet.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
How did you figure that out? I have a Derale trans temp gauge that starts to read at 140 and the needle never moves despite getting readings off the aeroquip lines of 170F with a infrared heat gun. Nothing in the directions said anything about adding a ground wire on the sensor, but I'll be adding one today and hope that is the magic bullet.
Suggestion from some of the people on the Facebook group.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Since I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time I installed a button for my 2-step. There is no practical reason for me to have this outside of a ProSolo but it's cool and I wanted to, lol.

I also got my swaybar swapped out to the bigger one. No pictures. It looks like a swaybar but bigger than the other one. It feels very different to drive, like it's pivoting around a point closer to the rear of the car. I can't wait for our next event.

IMG_2729.PNG
IMG_2730.JPG

Testing, my GoPro is drunk.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
The car is loaded up for Track Night in America tomorrow at Heartland Park. This will be the first time I've had the car on track since 2016 when it had the stock motor, stock suspension, run flats, and lowering springs. I'm really excited to see how it does, it's been way too long.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
*Track Updates*

Track Night went great. The car performed amazing other than some braking issues. The new rear sway bar made a MASSIVE difference in the car and got rid of the push without any oversteer. I set the tire pressure at 34/34 hot and left it there. I went 4 off on my first lap coming into turn 8. I got on the brakes and the front just locked up. I did my best ABS impression but just couldn't get it slowed down enough to not go off track. After that I took it very easy on the brakes the rest of the day. I guess it could have just been cold tires but I don't feel like I was braking that aggressively considering it was the out lap. I'm running HP+ pads and I never got them hot or felt them fade so that tells you how easy I was on the brakes, lol. I might also try some more rear bias.

My goal was to get under 2 min. I was running very consistent 2:00's so during the second session a took a cool down lap on lap 5 and then turned it up on lap 6 and ran a 1:58.8 with a tiny bit of traffic. After that I started running into fuel starvation issues and called it a day. I skipped my last session because I had met my goal and the car was still in one piece.

I think I need to look into a surge tank setup for the fuel. Under 3/4 tank it starts becoming a problem on long sweepers like turn 3.

Here's my lap.

TMO Supporting Vendors