The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mach-1 Aux Diff Temp Sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Phoenix
With all the talk on Diff temps, I am running an external temp sensor for this diff fluid. On my Y2021 Mach-1 I thought I could tap into what appears to be a diff sensor. However after removing it, found this to be a “dry” sensor without any fluid contact. This has the diff oil cooler per factory.
Has anyone attempted a secondary sensor to the S550 Diff on a Mach-1 or GT350/500 that has the quick disconnect fluid lines? The FILL plug has a major obstruction internally so can’t thread a typical 1/8” sensor there either.
I wasn’t expecting this curve ball in sensor tech by Ford.

IMG_3035.jpeg

IMG_3037.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just a note, but I have never had any issues with my Mach 1 and the rear diff, though I am a big believer in changing fluids often. I have gone 3 weekends max on the car before changing and the fluid still looked pretty darn good. No issues and I do run hard. Time Trials find many just running a few laps to get that best run, but I like to get my full 15-20 minutes I paid for after driving the distance to the track. No issues ever, but then I change fluids ( oil , brake, rear end , even tranny , pretty often ). This has always been cheap insurance to me and I am anal and work to keep my cars looking showroom fresh , always.

TMO Supporting Vendors