• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Mach My Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Bob, the S is gone, but it went to a great home in Tennessee and I think I will likely be lucky enough to run at some tracks where both cars are present. Thanks for asking, but the old bod wanted to get something where I was not feeling like a Zoo Animal, crawling in and out of my cage numerous times per day, ha!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Butt feel , the Mach feels like a GT 350 that runs out of revs and the driver shifts at the same point as a Boss 302. Of course, above the ole 7500 rpm redline is where the Flat Plane Crank starts it's Siren song! Gut feel , as opposed to butt feel, is that on a short course it might be pretty competitive since the low end grunt feels solid. On a fast course the GT 350 is the thoroughbred and the Mach is good old American Quarter Horse that will shock in short distances. I am optimistic the suspension settings, magnaride , wide tires, and killer brakes will make it reasonably competitive and as long as I am whipping up on Camaros, Corvettes or BMWs , getting beat by a GT 350 or two won't phase me, since this little brother Steed is a nice performance mod from Ford.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel