Maximum Motorsports pedal stop + McLeod RXT?

Discussion in 'Drivetrain, Exhaust and Electrical' started by GBoss7500, Dec 4, 2018.

1. GBoss7500

GBoss7500 TMO Beginner

Hi all,

Running McLeod RXT twin-disc on my weekend canyon / track day 2012 Boss 302. Went with RXT to solve the typical disengagement issues of stock clutch on high RPM shifts. Has been working well for about 6 track days.

Only thing I don't like is the clutch bite point is high up on the pedal. Would prefer a hard stop closer to where the clutch takes up.

Has anyone tried using the maximum motorsports pedal stop with McLeod RXT/RST or other twin-disc clutches? Their documentation says it's designed for specifically for Tilton racing clutch. I'd expect it could be used and properly adjusted for the McLeod but figured I'd check and see if anyone has tried this.

thanks!

https://www.maximummotorsports.com/Adjustable-Clutch-Pedal-Stop-2005-2014-Mustang-P1470.aspx

2. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Give it a try and let us know how it works.

3. ArizonaBOSS

ArizonaBOSS Because racecar. Moderator

First I've heard of that but the concept seems simple. It would be good to understand when full disengagement occurs in the pedal stroke, however.
    Also a minor concern is to make sure that the neutral safety switch is still triggered, so you can fire the engine.

4. Champale

Champale TMO Race

I like that product! Might need to spend 30 bucks to see how it works with my RST. Thank you for posting this, OP!

5. LS720

LS720 TMO Intermediate

Nice to see #576 is still going strong! I put an RST in my '13 Laguna and thought the same thing about the pedal throw. I removed the pedal helper spring and made the feel much better. One of these days we'll have to meet up at the track.

ArizonaBOSS likes this.
  6. GBoss7500

GBoss7500 TMO Beginner

Good deal guys, thanks for the input. I ordered the parts, but probably won’t get to install until Jan. I believe the clutch safety switch is adjustable - hopefully enough to deal with the change. Will report back on what happens.

7. barspen

barspen TMO Advanced

Have you looked into an adjustable clutch master cylinder? I looked into one made by RJM Performance (pricy, fyi), but eventually ditched my RXT since it was not drivable in stop & go street traffic.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  8. APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts Race Proven, Street Approved

VoodooBoss likes this.
  9. Champale

Champale TMO Race

Now that is a really interesting idea, too! I ordered the MM part and hope to get it soon to try it out but if I'm not happy I may add that RAM adjuster.