The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
barspen said:
Almost all my mods are concentrated on better suspension, braking, sticking to the road and shifting. As my setup has gotten more complex, I’m starting to look more closing at safety upgrades and other fine tuning adjustment on my ride, along with improving my skills.

Welcome to TMO! You're in the right place, Barry! You even have one of our mods nearby... @ArizonaBOSS. If you don't happen to know him already. And we have several core members in AZ too.

TMSBOSS said:
Be aware. We do know how to spend OPM!!

And yes, we are proudly experts at spending Other People's Money!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi Barry:

Welcome to the TMO Forum. If your looking to track a Mustang, then you have landed on the right forum. You'll find many members here are experts in this endeavor and they are always happy to assist other Members. (Great group here.)

Good luck with your sorting.
302 Hi Pro

Hi fellas! My name is Ian from Northern California (Bay Area). Currently in the market for a '12-'13 Boss 302 but am definitely not new to the Mustang community. I've had a long list of street and track ponies over the years, but am at a point in life where I need something that I can take to the track while still taking my wife and kids out on spirited drives. I stumbled upon this forum after signing up to Boss302forum.com and so far I've read a ton of great posts! Looks like I'll be frequenting this message board more than my local mustang boards :)

Anyway, looking forward to owning a Boss 302 in the near future and learning more about the car from all of you!

Cheers 8)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sydewaysix said:
Hi fellas! My name is Ian from Northern California (Bay Area). Currently in the market for a '12-'13 Boss 302 but am definitely not new to the Mustang community. I've had a long list of street and track ponies over the years, but am at a point in life where I need something that I can take to the track while still taking my wife and kids out on spirited drives. I stumbled upon this forum after signing up to Boss302forum.com and so far I've read a ton of great posts! Looks like I'll be frequenting this message board more than my local mustang boards :)

Anyway, looking forward to owning a Boss 302 in the near future and learning more about the car from all of you!

Cheers 8)
Welcome neighbor....!

Fabman said:
Welcome neighbor....!

Thanks! Awesome looking ride you have there! I've never seen it on the road in my neck of the woods but would love to see it in person one day. What part of the east bay are you located? I'm out in the Hayward Hills/Castro Valley area (Fairview).

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sydewaysix said:
Thanks! Awesome looking ride you have there! I've never seen it on the road in my neck of the woods but would love to see it in person one day. What part of the east bay are you located? I'm out in the Hayward Hills/Castro Valley area (Fairview)
.pleasanton. Surprised you haven't seen it, I used to do all the shows and a lot of the mustang meets and cruises.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Welcome, Sydewaysix! It's a great time to be in the market for a Boss! Unfortunately, most of the good finds are out of state. There are never many for sale down here in SoCal. Best of luck with your search.

Grant 302 said:
Welcome, Sydewaysix! It's a great time to be in the market for a Boss! Unfortunately, most of the good finds are out of state. There are never many for sale down here in SoCal. Best of luck with your search.
thank you, sir! It definitely seems like a good time to be in the market for a Boss as many people are offloading near-new ones for $30-36k, but as you stated, they are mostly out of state. :-\

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Sideway6:

Welcome to the TMO Forum, take your time and you'll find exactly what you want, the S197 Boss 302 is already a Legondary car.

TMO is another great Performance Mustang Forum.

Enjoy,
302 Hi Pro

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
302 Hi Pro said:
Sideway6:

Welcome to the TMO Forum, take your time and you'll find exactly what you want, the S197 Boss 302 is already a Legondary car.

TMO is another great Performance Mustang Forum.

Enjoy,
302 Hi Pro
Agreed, this is probably the most productive Mustang forum I've seen.

Competition Orange GT PP

Good afternoon everyone! Pic dump warning :)

I just joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I purchased my 2015 GT PP about a year ago and absolutely love it. First picture of it at the dealer.
20150822_112014_zpsx9ylcdjb.jpg

Day after I purchased, first wash:
20150823_093034_zpsoaivmmhu.jpg

First autocross all stock:
Mustang%20BMC%203_zpsg0siukjf.jpg

First mod, BMR handling springs (on 245 square winter tires):
20160109_160119_zpstw6oxou4.jpg

Daily driven in Ohio:
20160112_113229_zps43gkkuzw.jpg

New wheels, Forgestar CF5 18x10:
P1020348%20copy%20web_zpsndkkdclo.jpg

Added camber bolts, X pipe, Shifter bracket throughout the summer, and did lots of auto crossing.FB_IMG_1461092872131_zpsqlt0sbmt.jpg
FB_IMG_1461092859119_zps8o8u9rxe.jpg

Also did a local clubs drag day, 20 passes, [email protected]:
Drag%20day%20Mustang%202_zps5rn9jpnz.jpg

Mid Ohio weekend with Audi club:
_DSC6679_zps4emtn5ht.jpg
_DSC6938_zpshbzfwoht.jpg
_DSC6784_zpsk6lpxceh.jpg

I just installed Eibach front and rear sway bars and Cortex racing adjustable front end links on friday too.

Sorry for the ridiculous thread, but it was fun to put together. I hope to do 1 more HPDE this year too.

Great site, looking forward to contributing and learning. Aaron.

Aaron, welcome to TMO. That's a great looking GT you have. Have fun with it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Welcome!
Nice to see another Mustang gets put through it's paces-street, drag and track. NICE!

I'm BACK was OLOABoss on old forum now 85Gold. I have a little car ADD and don't have a favorite make but have leaned towards Pcars with GT3's, GT2, Croc GTS but loved my Mcars, Civic Si NASA TT car and da Boss was fun but the incessant limp mode issues on the 2012 made me dump it.

Picking up a Black no stripe Track Pack at MSRP, in fact the dealer is taking my Croc GTS in trade and writing me a check to take the GT350. It will be mainly a track car with minimal mods for camber, square wheels and tires, No tune, exhaust or headers. Then drive the heck out of it.

Peter

85Gold said:
I'm BACK was OLOABoss on old forum now 85Gold. I have a little car ADD and don't have a favorite make but have leaned towards Pcars with GT3's, GT2, Croc GTS but loved my Mcars, Civic Si NASA TT car and da Boss was fun but the incessant limp mode issues on the 2012 made me dump it.

Picking up a Black no stripe Track Pack at MSRP, in fact the dealer is taking my Croc GTS in trade and writing me a check to take the GT350. It will be mainly a track car with minimal mods for camber, square wheels and tires, No tune, exhaust or headers. Then drive the heck out of it.

Peter
Hi Peter, congratulations. So far the GT350 has had a lot less issues on track than our Bosses did. Sounds like you're doing what I just did. I had camber plates installed and will run 19x11 square with 305/30/19 PSC2's. My first time out on the new tires is this coming Thursday. I had the resonators removed and might consider different springs if any are determined to help. In the meantime the stock springs seem fine.

I can change your previous ID if you want. Send me a PM with the old and new and I'll take care of it.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
85Gold said:

Peter

Good to see you back.

The CC plates and cooling ducts from your 2012 are doing fine on my Boss.

Tracy

TMO Supporting Vendors