The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302 said:
Welcome back Peter! I think you could put "aka: OLOABoss" somewhere in your profile or sig so people know you've returned. 8)

I like that idea.

I knew I would be back in a Muscle car again but the early ADM's, I knew they wouldn't last, and wanting to see how the initial reliability was made me wait. I wasn't really looking when this car fell into my lap. I am dealing with the owner of the dealership, SCCA racer, and he has gone out of his way to make the Cayman GTS trade in work.

Peter

Greetings fellow corner carvers.

I'm not in possession of a Boss 302 or a GT350 but I road race my GT500 and I'm happy to have happened across this site. Most sites are focused on quarter mile racing and car shows.

IMG_2605_2_zps5dfw9cpd.jpg

Flight_83 said:
Greetings fellow corner carvers.

I'm not in possession of a Boss 302 or a GT350 but I road race my GT500 and I'm happy to have happened across this site. Most sites are focused on quarter mile racing and car shows.

IMG_2605_2_zps5dfw9cpd.jpg
Welcome to TMO and that's a sharp looking GT500. Do you ever make it down to the NorCal tracks?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
@Flt 83:

I thought I saw a Rabbit? A Texas Rabbit.

Nice GT500 and welcome to TMO. You'll find this to be one of the best Forum's out there. Great Members here who all share a common thread, Mustang Racing Performance.

When you get a moment, please start a new thread about your GT500 as it a great way to memorialize your car and its build. We like pics and mod ideas.

All the Best, and Good Racing,
302 Hi Pro

VoodooBOSS said:
Welcome to TMO and that's a sharp looking GT500. Do you ever make it down to the NorCal tracks?

Thank you, no, I haven't been to any tracks down south yet. I've been working over in Afghanistan the last few years on and off so track time has been at Portland Intenational and sadly very infrequent since I've been doing this job. That will change soon though and I hope to see more track time.

302 Hi Pro said:
@Flt 83:

I thought I saw a Rabbit? A Texas Rabbit.

Nice GT500 and welcome to TMO. You'll find this to be one of the best Forum's out there. Great Members here who all share a common thread, Mustang Racing Performance.

When you get a moment, please start a new thread about your GT500 as it a great way to memorialize your car and its build. We like pics and mod ideas.

Thanks, will do. Do I make my thread in this section or a different one? I wasn't seeing anyone else's intros.

All the Best, and Good Racing,
302 Hi Pro

Hello everyone, my name is Brian. I just recently moved from Long Island, NY to Austin, TX. I daily drive a 2003 Mach 1 that I have road raced and auto crossed. I would like to do more in the future but I need to upgrade the brakes before I do that, (Boss 302 Brembos would be a wonderful upgrade). I have a handful of modifications done to my car, mostly suspension work.

Where would I go about posting about anything related to my car since most things seem to be geared towards S197 and S550?

prokilloh said:
Hello everyone, my name is Brian. I just recently moved from Long Island, NY to Austin, TX. I daily drive a 2003 Mach 1 that I have road raced and auto crossed. I would like to do more in the future but I need to upgrade the brakes before I do that, (Boss 302 Brembos would be a wonderful upgrade). I have a handful of modifications done to my car, mostly suspension work.

Where would I go about posting about anything related to my car since most things seem to be geared towards S197 and S550?
Hi Brian and welcome to TMO! Why don't you post that in the Road Racing forum below. Many members have owned Fox Body and SN95 cars so I'm sure they can help you out. Be sure and post some photos of your Mustang when you get a chance.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=16.0

VoodooBOSS said:
Hi Brian and welcome to TMO! Why don't you post that in the Road Racing forum below. Many members have owned Fox Body and SN95 cars so I'm sure they can help you out. Be sure and post some photos of your Mustang when you get a chance.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=16.0

Awesome! Thanks Voodoo. Glad to hear there are other guys who are also trying to make the older antiquated chassis work, haha.

7500RPM_Ben

TMO Clueless
Hey everyone, I purchased a Grabber Blue Boss 302 the other weekend and I fell in love! I flew into Tampa, FL and drove 1,000 miles back to Shreveport, LA. 1,000 miles of smiles is what I call that trip! I loved every second of it. This forum has great information and I have been a lurker for a while. I am glad to be a part of TMO!

29801837296_3f2e3720a0_z.jpg IMG_3333 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

29754597001_0c307507f3_z.jpg IMG_3270 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Welcome to the club!

7500RPM_Ben

TMO Clueless
TMSBOSS said:
Nice looking ride!!!!

Welcome to the site and the club!!!!

Still smiling after 5 years!!

Thank you! I hope to smile for 5 years plus many more!

BigTaco said:
Welcome!! Grabber Blue is a cool color....

Thank you and I love Grabber Blue! I held out and purchased exactly the color I wanted!

Fabman said:
Welcome to the club!

Thank you sir and I am glad to be a part of it!

7500RPM_Ben said:
Hey everyone, I purchased a Grabber Blue Boss 302 the other weekend and I fell in love! I flew into Tampa, FL and drove 1,000 miles back to Shreveport, LA. 1,000 miles of smiles is what I call that trip! I loved every second of it. This forum has great information and I have been a lurker for a while. I am glad to be a part of TMO!

29801837296_3f2e3720a0_z.jpg IMG_3333 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

29754597001_0c307507f3_z.jpg IMG_3270 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

Beautiful car and congratulations on finding the exact one you wanted! I agree, TMO is an extremely useful resource for enthusiasts like ourselves! Enjoy the ride!

Hey everyone, been on here for a little bit but just found this section. I'm active on the Facebook Corner Ponies group as well as the Corner Carvers section of S197forum. My name is Cory and I have the slowest car on this forum. Lol, but really it is. I'll be making a build thread soon as this thing has come a long way and I've got a lot more plans for the future.

I live a few minutes north of Vancouver, WA and am 20 years old. Got into drag racing right after I got my license and my dad was smart enough to do it the right way and take me to the track. I "grew up" (15-18 years old) modifying and drag racing his GT500. Bought my car, 2006 6 cylinder (don't worry, it gets better), a few months after turning 16 and immediately started drag racing too. I dragged it for a couple months and then got bored because of how slow it was haha. I still drag race my dads car frequently during the summer, it makes a tad over 700 whp along with 700 torque and is a hoot on the street also. I do mostly 1/4 mile with a few 1/2 mile events mixed in. It's gone a best of 134 mph in the 1/4 and 158 mph in the 1/2.

The summer after I graduated high school, something changed and I had a desire to begin doing track days and it's all gone downhill from there :) Love all the tech in here and great people. I'll be sticking around for sure! My favorite track I've been to is Oregon Raceway Park, with The Ridge being a close second. Also currently in the process of V8 swapping the car along with a 6060 trans, more on that in the build thread too!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Welcome!
Would love to see your build thread.
There is another v6/v8 swap thread on here that is quite good if you haven't seen it yet.
Always nice to see someone else's progress on a project like your own.

iframe>
Thanks for the add... I have owned a '13 Boss 302 LS (#106) since the Spring of 2014. As these cars were not sold new here in Canada (I live near Niagara Falls in Ontario), I had to wait for the '13 LS cars to be initially sold new in the USA and then purchase one "used" in order to be allowed to bring one home. I purchased my car out on San Antonio TX, a Land Rover dealership no less... Looks like someone bought it originally, had a little fun and traded it in for a Land Rover when the misses could not get the young one in the back seat...

Ford only shipped about 30 examples of the '12 LS car's to Canada and had trouble with the day time running light issue for the '13 year model and decided it was not worth the hassle, so did not ship any '13 model year LS examples to the Great White North. Funny, I had no trouble getting my car approved for day time running lights when it arrived here, who knows... There are a few of them up here today.

I also have a rare '71 429 cobra jet ram air convertible Mustang that is about half way through its rotisserie restoration. Fairly rare colour too, Pastel Blue.

I haven't seen how to load pictures here yet, if this is possible let me know and I will post a couple shots. Thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel