The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Bossvert said:
Thanks for the add... I have owned a '13 Boss 302 LS (#106) since the Spring of 2014. As these cars were not sold new here in Canada (I live near Niagara Falls in Ontario), I had to wait for the '13 LS cars to be initially sold new in the USA and then purchase one "used" in order to be allowed to bring one home. I purchased my car out on San Antonio TX, a Land Rover dealership no less... Looks like someone bought it originally, had a little fun and traded it in for a Land Rover when the misses could not get the young one in the back seat...

Ford only shipped about 30 examples of the '12 LS car's to Canada and had trouble with the day time running light issue for the '13 year model and decided it was not worth the hassle, so did not ship any '13 model year LS examples to the Great White North. Funny, I had no trouble getting my car approved for day time running lights when it arrived here, who knows... There are a few of them up here today.

I also have a rare '71 429 cobra jet ram air convertible Mustang that is about half way through its rotisserie restoration. Fairly rare colour too, Pastel Blue.

I haven't seen how to load pictures here yet, if this is possible let me know and I will post a couple shots. Thanks

Hi BossVert:

Welcome to TMO and congratulations on the purchase of your 2013 Boss 302, great car. Below is a link to posting Pics on TMO. Look forward to seeing both cars.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10613.0

Welcome to TMO and we'd love to see photos of your '71 429. In addition to the link Dave posted you'll find additional info at the link below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

Hello TMO,

This is my first post here, so please excuse any breach in forum protocols. I will learn (fast) as I go, I promise. [emoji41]

As of September of this year I own a 2017 Ford Shelby GT350R, Chassis #075. Honored to also have the dashboard signed by Henry Ford III, and the livery was designed to promote the cause of financial literacy and financial inclusion.

I plan to track the car (my first outings were a short run at AMP, and then a longer weekend at Road Atlanta). When not being driven I plan to have the R visit select schools and used as a way to hopefully inspire and fire the imagination of young people from underserved schools and communities (to reach higher heights). Including careers in motorsports, etc.

As you all know, a race track is physics, math and engineering, and race cars are everything tied to STEM education these days (science, technology, engineering and math). Thus the connection to financial literacy....

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to hang around with the group. Hope I don't screw up [emoji1597]

See you around.

P.S. A special thank you to Nick Smither (#BlackBoss) for all his early help and advise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk57d26b1f05bafb9b81c5ac1a4f4c9249.jpg1581ce38b93093c9a346cf268fd2d0f8.jpgce41299b2322a27264b41eb91edb0ac6.jpg331ed60e1e0aae80eb860fae3555fa38.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
Welcome to TMO. As someone who works in the investment industry I like what you're doing!
Thanks much. Would love to tell you more about the motorsports academy in time. Thanks for the welcome. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
BGMotorsports said:
Hello TMO,

This is my first post here, so please excuse any breach in forum protocols. I will learn (fast) as I go, I promise.emoji41.png

As of September of this year I own a 2017 Ford Shelby GT350R, Chassis #075. Honored to also have the dashboard signed by Henry Ford III, and the livery was designed to promote the cause of financial literacy and financial inclusion.

I plan to track the car (my first outings were a short run at AMP, and then a longer weekend at Road Atlanta). When not being driven I plan to have the R visit select schools and used as a way to hopefully inspire and fire the imagination of young people from underserved schools and communities (to reach higher heights). Including careers in motorsports, etc.

As you all know, a race track is physics, math and engineering, and race cars are everything tied to STEM education these days (science, technology, engineering and math). Thus the connection to financial literacy....

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to hang around with the group. Hope I don't screw upemoji1597.png

See you around.

P.S. A special thank you to Nick Smither (#BlackBoss) for all his early help and advise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk57d26b1f05bafb9b81c5ac1a4f4c9249.jpg
Re: Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself1581ce38b93093c9a346cf268fd2d0f8.jpg
Re: Member Introductions - Introduce Yourselfce41299b2322a27264b41eb91edb0ac6.jpg
Re: Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself331ed60e1e0aae80eb860fae3555fa38.jpg
Re: Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself
Welcome! Awesome car....and I love the color. ::)

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Hi BGMotorSports:

Welcome to TMO and thank you for sharing your story. Great pic too.

Keep us posted on your "R" adventures,
302 Hi Pro

Welcome BG Motorsports. Car is stunning. Love the accents that are on the car. May I ask if that is a wrap or white with graphics on the paint. Please tell us some more about what you are hiding on the inside and what slicks your running. To me it seems there is more than meets the eye on your GT350R.
Very nice ride!!

Good morning TMO. Thanks to Kerry "four walling" for pointing me in the direction of this forum. I'm the lucky guy who purchased his immaculate '12 Race Red Boss #1804

I've been into Mustangs since I got my license 1982. My first car was a 68 Fastback, 289-2V, AT, PS, disc brakes

The cars currently in my stable are as follows:
68 Mustang Coupe - currently undergoing full restoration
- my sister purchased from the original owners in 1980. I bought it from her in 1987. My family still ask "do you still have your sister's Mustang?"
- originally a 200 inline 6, AT, PS, manual drum brakes
- currently sporting a snotty little 289, 5spd, 3.73 traction-loc combo, factory power disc brakes, TCP rack-and-pinion steering, and bunch of suspension mods for better handling. New subframe connectors just showed up Friday ;D
- California Special decklid, Maier racing front spoiler, new floors, quarters, taillight panel, SN95 Cobra leather seating
68 GT Fastback - 302-4V, 4spd - garage ornament taking up space until I finish restoring the coupe.
- purchased in 1988, dissassembled in early 1993 for restoration...just before my first son was born
97 Cobra convertible(my 2nd one, I sold the 1st one with 223K miles on it)
- purchased in 2015
12 Boss 302 #1804 - 100% FUN!!!
- purchased in June 2016
- Only mod by me is Hawk HPS brake pads for street use - the factory pads were squeaking like mad from lack of appropriate abuse ;)
- I DRIVE IT!!! and wash it...I've added about 4000 miles since taking delivery
- no track days so far. Maybe next season...

Dave
Everett, WA

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Welcome Dave!

Grant 302 said:
Welcome Dave! Show off some pics of your stable when you have a chance! Is your '97 a mystichrome one by any chance?

97 Cobra 'vert is triple black.
Previous owner added a BBK CAI and a tune.
I added 98 Cobra wheels, new tires, and a Pro 5.0 shifter for daily driver duties.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
cobradave said:
Good morning TMO. Thanks to Kerry "four walling" for pointing me in the direction of this forum. I'm the lucky guy who purchased his immaculate '12 Race Red Boss #1804
12 Boss 302 #1804 - 100% FUN!!!
- purchased in June 2016
- Only mod by me is Hawk HPS brake pads for street use - the factory pads were squeaking like mad from lack of appropriate abuse ;)

Dave
Everett, WA

Dave, my bad about the brakes-I treated the car like it was a lap dog-never properly exercised!

Dave bought the car with an assist from his daughter.

Dave borrowed her iPhone, and we "Facetimed" a walk around of the Boss and the check was in the mail.

BTW, last I heard, she asked Dave to drive the Boss...but she hadn't yet. :)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
cobradave said:
97 Cobra 'vert is triple black.
Previous owner added a BBK CAI and a tune.
I added 98 Cobra wheels, new tires, and a Pro 5.0 shifter for daily driver duties.
So when to the coil overs and aero bits get installed?

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
CobraDave:

Welcome to the Forum and nice selection on the purchase of your Boss 302. Love to see pic of all of your ponies.

All the Best,
2HP

four-walling said:
Dave, my bad about the brakes-I treated the car like it was a lap dog-never properly exercised!

...no worries on the brakes. I've had precious few opportunities to scrub off enough speed to warm up the factory pads. The HPS pad is a good street oriented pad with the added benefit of low dust which helps keep those super sexy HRE wheels clean

Hello all. I randomly came across this forum while looking up what "good track times" are for various tracks I'd like to go to. So far I've been a regular at M6G, but I'm glad to have found a forum that is track focused. When I came here and saw a big spoiler on a red car making a turn over the curb and, well... I had to signup! I hope you'll have me.

I have a 2016 GT PP that is shamelessly equipped with Steeda suspension products. I have been very happy with them and their support as I develop. (I am not "sponsored"... which I get asked every time someone sees my modification list.) Anyway, prior to having my Mustang (with about a 5 year gap), I had a Subaru Legacy GT with a slew of suspension and mild engine work done (basically as much power as I could safely get before I had to open up the boxer). The only thing my Subaru and my Mustang have in common is that, off the lot, they bolt understeer like crazy. Otherwise - they are world's apart, and (nevermind the 5 year gap), I've had to learn how to performance drive again.

So, I am just getting back into track work as limited funds allow at the HPDE level and have so far been signing up for JZilla Track Days events, which have been nice. I also have a passion (not necessarily the time or skill) for automotive photography (not naked girls standing next to muscle car BS) and have an Instagram account (@sirboom_photography) with a mix of photos, some of which are actually pretty nice. For example, I recently went to the last NASA event for 2016 (Santa Run?) at Road Atlanta and took a 32 GB of photos!

Anyway, if you care, below is a profile of my car as of this posting. I really hope to learn here and hope to meet ya'll at events! I have a feeling my budget is far more limited than many of you, but I do what I can to get out there and actually use all these blue-colored parts that I spent all my money on!

Suspension:
- Swift Spec R Springs (originally Steeda Ultralite Linear)
- Steeda Pro-Action Shocks/Struts
- Steeda Caster Plates
- Steeda Sway Bars
- Steeda Bump Steer Kit
- Steeda Adjustable Sway Bar End Links
- Steeda Rear Camber Adjustment Bracket
- Steeda IRS Subframe Brace
- Steeda Ultralite 2-Point G-Trac Brace
- Steeda IRS Bushing Supports
- Steeda Differential Bushing Inserts
- Steeda IRS Alignment Kit
- Steeda Vertical Links
- Steeda Ultralite Jacking Rails
- Steeda LCA Bearings
- Ford Performance Toe Bearings

Performance
I'm trying to keep somewhat of a powertrain warranty right now :-\. But once I acquire a cheap daily driver, I'm itching to go single turbo with sufficient cooling add-ons.

- Ford Performance "Power Pack 2" (GT350 TB and Intake, tune extends redline to 7,200)
- MGW Race Spec
- Anarchy Motive “Titan” Shift Knob
- Solo Performance Mach XV Catback

Wheels and Tires
Daily:
- N4SM Project 6GR wheels (Front: 20x10 ET35, Rear: 20x11 ET50)
- 275/35-40 and 305/35-20

Track:
- RAYS Gram Lights (Square 19x10.5" ET35)
- 285/35-19

Other
- Space City Spy Upper and Lower Grills
- Ford Performance Decklid Panel (GT logo delete)
- Diode Dynamics LED Side Marker Lights (Red)

Out for a mountain run, then it started to rain so... picture time:
28768217644_f302ce8bf0_b.jpg

Me at AMP recently before I had my RAYS wheels (yes, I did pass that Porsche you see the butt of on the right):
30849712774_866264c772_b.jpg

And because this section is called "The Paddock" (at AMP at like 8:30 in the morning):
30849712334_114bcc31cd_b.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
WELCOME! Nice ride :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel