The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
JDee... I'm in Kincardine...at Mosport often.

Might meet sometime!

Nice to see you onboard here...playing with the grown-ups.

Cool! I know your area fairly well, grew up over that way and spent a lot of time at the beach towns on Lake Huron in my misspent youth, but it's been years since I've been over that way. Mosport, love that track but I'm not ready for the big track yet, maybe later next year once I de-rust the driver some more!

Hi mates!

I am new in here and do not own a Mustang at the moment.
My age is 37. And I am from Germany.

I fell in love with a Mustang Boss 302 (2012) and found him as "lost Boss" here.
Boss #2165 is offered to me.

According to its Vin it is a lost boss.
Boss #xxxx 1ZVBP8CU4C5256745 - Race Red /Black - 18850mi. - Light damage to front end sheetmetal - no airbags deployed - up for auction in FL, April 2016

The Dealer which offered it to me told me that that is just a trick to save on the border for shipping to germany...
I don't know how to go on - am new to US - Cars.
Damn - the Car looks and drives like it is in very good condition.
And I really want to buy it.
But I don't want to buy a crashed car.

https://www.imagebanana.com/s/845/i2REJuQ8.html

The Price is about 33.000€ (round about 36.500 USD).

Is it the truth what the dealer told me or is he cheating on me?
Why it the Boss a "Man down" if only the front sheetmetal is light damaged?
Maybe you can help me.

Best ragards from good old germany!

Hey guys Avid Lapping day driver, first time Mustang/ domestic owner

Picked up this beauty on monday, got some miles on her and took her to the track.

Pearl White/Black Roof Base Gt/PP 2017

My plan is to run a set of 18x11 Apex wheels, 295 trofeo r and the Ford performance track suspension kit with some sort of front end camber adjustment.

Im in the Toronto Ontario Canada area

Big Black

Good, fast<del>, and cheap</del>
Hi mates!

I am new in here and do not own a Mustang at the moment.
My age is 37. And I am from Germany.

I fell in love with a Mustang Boss 302 (2012) and found him as "lost Boss" here.
Boss #2165 is offered to me.

According to its Vin it is a lost boss.
Boss #xxxx 1ZVBP8CU4C5256745 - Race Red /Black - 18850mi. - Light damage to front end sheetmetal - no airbags deployed - up for auction in FL, April 2016

The Dealer which offered it to me told me that that is just a trick to save on the border for shipping to germany...
I don't know how to go on - am new to US - Cars.
Damn - the Car looks and drives like it is in very good condition.
And I really want to buy it.
But I don't want to buy a crashed car.

https://www.imagebanana.com/s/845/i2REJuQ8.html

The Price is about 33.000€ (round about 36.500 USD).

Is it the truth what the dealer told me or is he cheating on me?
Why it the Boss a "Man down" if only the front sheetmetal is light damaged?
Maybe you can help me.

Best ragards from good old germany!
They are going for high 20's at auction here, as I'm sure you know. See the Las Vegas auction Barrett-Jackson. Beware. Thanks for checking in here. This forum contains the most knowledgeable Boss owners in the US. But I'm a Shelby guy so I just party and win races.

@Cdnspeed, welcome! We have very similar taste in Mustangs. Mine is a 2017 gt pp 6 speed manual in oxford white. I won't get to the track with it until spring, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it on curvy back roads. I'll live vicariously through you and other forum members for now.

@Cdnspeed welcome to TMO. Looks like you're off to a good start. A friend of mine ran those same Trefeo R's on his Boss but on Apex 18x10 wheels with good results. If you have the budget so straight to a good coil over setup and skip the time and expense of the track suspension damper upgrade. What foreign track cars have you owned?

Sweet video! Did you feel like the car needed more front grip?
Yeah the car does need more front grip but most factory stock cars do, so it wasn't surprising.

If it's your first time lapping I wouldn't get caught up chasing a perfect setup a pushing car will be easier to learn.

@VoodooBoss I want to keep the car as simple as possible, I'd have to spend mega money to beat the "track kit" ford racing has.

I've had a very fast civic, 3 rx7s and an awd 400hp mazdaspeed6

I'm trying to keep the car as simple as possible, I find people spend way too much time chasing setups and not enough seat time.

Furthermore trying to keep the warranty intact lol

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
I happened across this forum following a link to https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/fords-have-a-good-time-at-the-track-plug.12922/

Hoping to learn a few things I'm not seeing elsewhere, like ↑↑↑.

A little about me . . . I'm probably an intermediate-level HPDE driver, but have been OK'ed to run with the advanced guys at my home track (NJMP). I'm old (the last day of my sixties is less than 3 weeks away), somewhat opinionated about not becoming the co-pilot to a few grams of re-arranged silicon, and I seem to remember a guy with the username 'Tob' from another forum dedicated to this same segment of automotive performance driving.

I have a fairly lightly modified '08 GT that sees occasional track time. It's got enough power to be fun and enough suspension and wheel/tire work to be reasonably composed at least at my level.

I'll be filling out more details and profile stuff as I go . . . this forum seems to work a little differently than most other places I belong to, so it may take a couple of days. On edit, this is probably the first time I've put my first post in a 'Member Introductions' thread.

Norm

Welcome Norm,

You'll find lot's of great tech stuff here that's up to date and helpful. I post because this forum helped me out a lot when I was starting to mod my car, plus it's respectful and a lot of fun, thanks to the moderators.

As for the silicon, we all became a little bit of a co-pilot with the introduction of ABS ;)

I'd leave that on, but turn all the other nannies off :)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I know Norm from other places. Very knowledgeable guy indeed. Glad you found us!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel