The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
@Norm Peterson I was expecting you to be from Boston. Welcome to TMO. Post up some photos of your car when you get a chance.
This is the easy one . . . I used to be from the Greater Boston area, went to school at Northeastern U and worked in both Boston and Cambridge. And I think I actually tipped a couple in the Bull & Finch Pub (downstairs at the Hampshire House) back in the day. So it works better to borrow my own name back from George, notoriety and all, than anything else I could have come up with.

Norm

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
As for the silicon, we all became a little bit of a co-pilot with the introduction of ABS ;)

I'd leave that on, but turn all the other nannies off :)
Thanks. And with respect to ABS specifically, it went AWOL for my 3rd session at my most recent TNiA event. Long story short, 3 of my best lap times came in session 3, but there was about twice as much scatter (i.e. less consistency).

Norm

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Welcome aboard Norm!...Age is just a reference.....It's how you feel behind that wheel that counts! Have fun in your next decade!
Let's just say that most of the time all the little aches and pains disappear into the background when I'm doing something that I enjoy. I've never yet bought a car that I didn't expect to enjoy driving well past the time it was paid off. And it helps if you have a wife who copes well with driving that gets a bit "enthusiastic" from time to time . . . as long as I do my part and keep things smooth, anyway.

Norm

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Norm:

Welcome to the TMO Forum, it is an excellent resource with great Members to help you along the way. Have fun & look forward to seeing you at NJMP.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Norm,
Welcome to the bright side of the Force. I'm looking forward to your insight as we all continue our journey. For the TMO members not familiar with Norm, he can get more performance out of a mostly stock Mustang with 300TW tires than I can wring from my tricked out CAM car. Don't let him downplay his knowledge or experience.

Hello everyone! My name is Mike and I drive a 2009 Mustang GT 3V 5.0 with NASA, TrackDaze, SCMC, THSCC, Audi Club and a few other clubs in the HPDE 3/4 groups at VIR, Summit Point, Watkins Glen, and NJ Motorsport. I started this great hobby/sport approx. 12 years ago - originally driving a prepped Corvette C5 for several years before selling the car and moving into the Mustang a few years ago, which has been a blast! Looking forward to contributing to the forum and learning from others. Mike
23275728_10213522363866419_2311584903625387249_o.jpg

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Hello everyone! My name is Mike and I drive a 2009 Mustang GT 3V 5.0 with NASA, TrackDaze, SCMC, THSCC, Audi Club and a few other clubs in the HPDE 3/4 groups at VIR, Summit Point, Watkins Glen, and NJ Motorsport. I started this great hobby/sport approx. 12 years ago - originally driving a prepped Corvette C5 for several years before selling the car and moving into the Mustang a few years ago, which has been a blast! Looking forward to contributing to the forum and learning from others. Mike

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome

Will you be at VIR this coming weekend?

No plans this weekend. Just returned from a TrackDaze event there last Thursday and Friday. Was planning on doing the Audi Club event that followed but corded 2 tires.

Wrapping up for the season. Planning to purchase a set of 18x11 wheels with 305/35-18 Toyo slicks for 2018. I'll be doing SVT Superfest at VIR next April. Great bunch!

Big Black

Good, fast<del>, and cheap</del>

Welcome fellow 3 valver!!!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I happened across this forum following a link to https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/fords-have-a-good-time-at-the-track-plug.12922/

Hoping to learn a few things I'm not seeing elsewhere, like ↑↑↑.

A little about me . . . I'm probably an intermediate-level HPDE driver, but have been OK'ed to run with the advanced guys at my home track (NJMP). I'm old (the last day of my sixties is less than 3 weeks away), somewhat opinionated about not becoming the co-pilot to a few grams of re-arranged silicon, and I seem to remember a guy with the username 'Tob' from another forum dedicated to this same segment of automotive performance driving.

I have a fairly lightly modified '08 GT that sees occasional track time. It's got enough power to be fun and enough suspension and wheel/tire work to be reasonably composed at least at my level.

I'll be filling out more details and profile stuff as I go . . . this forum seems to work a little differently than most other places I belong to, so it may take a couple of days. On edit, this is probably the first time I've put my first post in a 'Member Introductions' thread.

Norm

Norm, welcome. I remember reading your advice on tracking Mustangs on Mustangforums a couple years ago. Helped get me started down this path (and promptly jumping ship on most Mustang forums).

MOAR 3Vs! YES!

Hi Everyone,
I'm Kevin and I have a '07 GT500 and '16 GT350 Track Package that I enjoy taking to Willow Springs (Big Willow) with the Open Track Racing club 4-5 times a year. I've been tracking my cars for the past year or so and have fallen in love with the cars all over again. You just can't use these cars to their potential on the street.

In 2018, I'm looking forward to possibly taking one or both of my cars up to Laguna Seca, and possibly Buttonwillow, with the Northern California Racing club. I've found this site to contain really helpful and useful information and happy to be a member now.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hi Everyone,
I'm Kevin and I have a '07 GT500 and '16 GT350 Track Package that I enjoy taking to Willow Springs (Big Willow) with the Open Track Racing club 4-5 times a year. I've been tracking my cars for the past year or so and have fallen in love with the cars all over again. You just can't use these cars to their potential on the street.

In 2018, I'm looking forward to possibly taking one or both of my cars up to Laguna Seca, and possibly Buttonwillow, with the Northern California Racing club. I've found this site to contain really helpful and useful information and happy to be a member now.
Welcome Kevin!
Post up some pics of your cars.
Laguna is in my back yard, love to meet up sometime.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hey @Fabman ,
Yeah, sounds good! I'd like to check out your car up close. Here are my cars. Not sure which I would bring, maybe both if I can convince my Dad to come out with me :p

View attachment 2704View attachment 2705
Either one would be a winner in my book.
I'll be at laguna on the 25th with Ongrid and again hopefully on Dec 9th with NCRC.
Come on out!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel