The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey, new mustang owner here. I bought a white '17 GT PP 6 speed manual in July - love it! Also have an '04 F150 Lariat crew cab 4x4. My wife has a '16 Toyota Forerunner.

My last fun car was an '07 BMW Z4 coupe (6speed manual) that I traded for the mustang. I've been doing HPDE weekends for the past several years. I'm not into drag racing but absolutely love HPDEs and fantasize about getting a racing license one day.

All HPDEs have been at VIR and Summit Point with the BMW CCA. Haven't been to the track with the mustang yet and won't get to go this season. I've been searching for a forum like this - focused on driving mustangs on road courses to help with questions on getting the car ready for HPDEs. (Most mustang forums seem oriented around drag racing. Not that there's anything wrong with that - just not my thing.)

Kind regards,
Shea
(Pronounced with a long "a", like Shea Stadium in NY, where the Mets used to play.)

Hey, new mustang owner here. I bought a white '17 GT PP 6 speed manual in July - love it! Also have an '04 F150 Lariat crew cab 4x4. My wife has a '16 Toyota Forerunner.

My last fun car was an '07 BMW Z4 coupe (6speed manual) that I traded for the mustang. I've been doing HPDE weekends for the past several years. I'm not into drag racing but absolutely love HPDEs and fantasize about getting a racing license one day.

All HPDEs have been at VIR and Summit Point with the BMW CCA. Haven't been to the track with the mustang yet and won't get to go this season. I've been searching for a forum like this - focused on driving mustangs on road courses to help with questions on getting the car ready for HPDEs. (Most mustang forums seem oriented around drag racing. Not that there's anything wrong with that - just not my thing.)

Kind regards,
Shea
(Pronounced with a long "a", like Shea Stadium in NY, where the Mets used to play.)
Welcome. We may have shared the track at some time. I lived in NC for a while and did numerous hpde and instructing weekends at VIR and Summit as well as others in tge area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I'm a VIR guy as well. It's always exciting to see Mustangs at events there. I need to get a TMO sticker on my car to put out the welcome mat for members here to share advice and stories during events. This group is more like a club than a forum. I really enjoy that.

Edit: I just put my money where my fingers are and ordered TMO, VIR, and CMP stickers to go on my Mustang. Now I just need to expand my track radius and add to the graphics collection.

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Hi, new member here. Been lurking for a year or two and on some other forums to see what's what, this forum seems to have real deal people doing the kind of car things I've done off and on for most of my life.

I've been involved with road racing since my old man took me to a race about 1960 and have been hooked ever since. I raced amateur, semi-pro and even ice raced with a fair bit of success but that all ended when I ran out of other people's money to spend. Damn!

Bought my first Mustang a few years ago, '11 Brembo GT, it was a lot of fun but when the August mega sales on '16s started last year I couldn't say no and am now the proud owner of a '16 GT, base with PP and Recaros, those were the only options I wanted in the interest of hopefully getting minimal weight. Wasn't really sure which way I was going to go with this car but recently did a couple of track days and the direction became clear, track day car won out over garage queen/sunny day car.

Not planning on doing anything more than HPDE type stuff, but I am really enjoying the car and planning what to do next to and with it. This car impressed me greatly on track, it's been close to 3 decades since I last raced an RWD V8 car and this car is just a rocket compared to back then. Very pleased with it but there's a couple of things I want to address, I suspect the answers lie in this forum and the people who inhabit it.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
JDee

Welcome.

You may be the first ice racer in the group. I know what you mean when you compare our cars to pieces built 20+ years ago. Today cars start, run, stop and handle from the factory better than most race cars did back in the day. A great time to be a car guy.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Welcome and please post some pics of your car!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Here's the only recent one I've got, taken in the rain yesterday. Have to try to get some better ones. Feels unworthy to put this below the picture of Fabman's awesome track monster, that car is spectacular!

View attachment 2432
You are too kind.
I recently saw a s550 with your colors and it was absolutely awesome.
My son has a white PP s550 and my daughter has a black and silver '14 and has major s550 envy, if she saw this she'd be right back at the ford dealer...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
They’re good kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here's the only recent one I've got, taken in the rain yesterday. Have to try to get some better ones. Feels unworthy to put this below the picture of Fabman's awesome track monster, that car is spectacular!

View attachment 2432
I like it!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
JDee... I'm in Kincardine...at Mosport often.

Might meet sometime!

Nice to see you onboard here...playing with the grown-ups.

TMO Supporting Vendors