The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@Dave_Car_Guy welcome to TMO. I just retired from CalPERS and spent a few years in our hedge fund department from 2007-2011. Fun times during the financial crisis. Maybe our paths crossed? Do you know Chris at PFM?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Hi, Dave here from Danville, CA. Recently joined in to get some brake and tire advice and happy to be a new member! I'm 56, retired for about 8 years now (worked in finance in the energy biz and ultimately ran an energy hedge fund for about 10 years). I have two adult kids out of college, one doing her PhD in Cape Town, SA, and one living and working in the Bay Area. I have wife that puts up with my car activities, so I have that going for me! I've been a car guy since I was a kid and worked my way through college as a "light" car mechanic, so I still enjoy the wrench but know nothing about modern electronic and fuel systems. I ordered a 2018 GT350R last year and waited patiently for 6 months for it to arrive... and it was worth it! I own a number of other cars, but this one is my new track toy. I participate in Time Trials through NASA Norcal and other HPDE events through Hooked on Driving, Trackmasters, NASA and sometimes SpeedSF. I trained with Skip Barber Racing School and raced in their Western Formula Series at Laguna Seca for 3 years in the mid 2000's. I switched out of the Formula cars to a Porsche Cayman S around 2009 and now the GT350R is the new track tool (although some might argue that I'm the tool...). I started out as a Datsun fan (a 510 was my first car) and I've owned a couple of Datsun 2000 Roadsters, and I still love old Datsuns. I've owned many brands from the Italians and Germans through the British and Americans, but this is my first Ford. I'm happy to say it has exceeded all my hopes and expectations! I hope to get to meet some of you at Sonoma, Laguna, or Thunderhill soon! I'll be running the "Orangeastang" (as my friend calls it) in NASA Time Trials TT2 class this year.

IMG_2920.jpg
Welcome neighbor! Pleasanton here. Love the Orangeastang!

@Dave_Car_Guy welcome to TMO. I just retired from CalPERS and spent a few years in our hedge fund department from 2007-2011. Fun times during the financial crisis. Maybe our paths crossed? Do you know Chris at PFM?

Fun times, indeed, although we fared pretty well through the 2008-2009 period, so no complaints. But after the comeback started and I got through 2010, I decided to hang it up. One can only go through so many of those dramatic times. Our fund (Palo ALto Investors) never did anything with CalPERS, and I'm not familiar with PFM. We were a pretty small shop, with clients from small endowments and family offices to HNW individuals. Started at $100MM with two partners in 2001 and we were about $1.7 Billion and 4 partners, including me, when I sold out and retired in 2010.

Welcome neighbor! Pleasanton here. Love the Orangeastang!

Thanks, see you at the track, or cars n coffee (RIP Blackhawk)

Ok ok. :) I haven’t downloaded my pics yet so this one has the X, but “hi!” All.

On my second GT350, this one an R obviously, which I picked up after driving RT66 in my 2016 Tech for our move to S Florida. Just did my first HPDE weekend at Homestead at the end of Feb and have already signed up for Sebring. After making my poor, long suffering instructor motion sick at Homestead, and realizing how fast the car is, I’ve got a Watson bar to install along with the belt brackets I bought here.

Currently agonizing over replacing my PSC2s with 18x11 wheels and Hoosiers or doing one more set of PSC2s.

Tons of knowledge here, loving it!

92F6B9F4-CF4F-4127-A899-2C6EFE2C257A.png

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome BSoul, and where did you move from to your new home in sunny Florida? Nice to have Sebring, Homestead, and Palm Beach International Raceway in easy driving distance, with Daytona just a bit farther away. You have to be happy with so many classic tracks close by to exercise your GT 350?

Post some videos as you hit these tracks?

Welcome BSoul, and where did you move from to your new home in sunny Florida? Nice to have Sebring, Homestead, and Palm Beach International Raceway in easy driving distance, with Daytona just a bit farther away. You have to be happy with so many classic tracks close by to exercise your GT 350?

Post some videos as you hit these tracks?

Hi Bill, I’m from California but was living in Idaho when we moved. I used to live close enough to daytrip to Sears, Laguna, Thunderhill and Buttonwollow riding motorcycles so I’m spoiled, but it’s nice to have tracks nearby. I liked Homestead more than I expected.

No video yet, didn’t want to be distracted playing with (or performing for) cameras and lap timers at first weekend. Will get it set up soon.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have friends in your area and many of them rave about Palm Beach International Raceway , just North of you. More of a traditional road course and pretty darn fast and lots of updates in the last 5 years. You definitely are in a great part of the US for track time, so substituting Sebring, Daytona, Palm Beach and Homestead for Laguna, Sears, Thunderhill, and Buttonwillow won't be too bad a compromise, haha.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel