The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Welcome fellow Canuckian. A wealth of knowledgeable people around here. Are you planning to do any track days up at Calabogie? I'm hoping to get up there this summer for a day, and also trying to plan something for Le Circuit Mont Tremblant which will be a new track for me.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Welcome fellow Canuckian. A wealth of knowledgeable people around here. Are you planning to do any track days up at Calabogie? I'm hoping to get up there this summer for a day, and also trying to plan something for Le Circuit Mont Tremblant which will be a new track for me.

Hey ...I was beginning to think I'm the only Mustang in eastern Ont. haha. I will be going to Calabogie ( ran my Focus RS there and it's a great track ) also want to do Shannonville ( it's only 2hrs. from me and it's not to expensive! )

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Shannonville has a 3 day school/lapping day this weekend. I'm going down on Saturday, they are running Pro track Friday but it's supposed to rain heavily, Saturday it's Fabi track. Sunday is just for guys taking the school, no lappers. I'm just shaking down a bunch of new stuff so Fabi works fine for that purpose. Yeah, it's cheap they have an early bird deal this year, I think it is $160 + tx if you book 2 weeks in advance? No other place I know of is anywhere near that cheap. I find it a fun track, really technical so your driving skills, especially corner apexes and exits get a real workout. Blow one corner and you blew the next 2 as well! Totally different than Mosport.

Did a day at 'bogie 2 years ago in one of their school cars as I hadn't been on a track since 1992, was a fun day. Just happy I was able to find a sim track of 'bogie so I was able to learn it before I went, man that's a lot of corners to remember! That's a class operation though, very well done.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Carver , it might make you feel better to know that when it comes to Canadian TMO Members , Domestic Power currently has the record for being the farthest East in the Provinces ----- he lives near Halifax, NS.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
I find Calabogie very challenging and fast. I could spend days there ( and most of my retirement funds at that track!!! ) It's crazy that you have to use tree tops as reference points cause it's so hilly at some corners !! Can't make Shannonville this weekend but I will at some point. I will get back to you and maybe plan a day there. :)

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Carver , it might make you feel better to know that when it comes to Canadian TMO Members , Domestic Power currently has the record for being the farthest East in the Provinces ----- he lives near Halifax, NS.

Ok good to know, That's a nice part of the world and not to far from the Targa Rally in Newfoundland !! There is a Mustang that runs Targa most years. Hmmmm.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If you and JDee ever get the urge to road trip, pretty sure Domestic Power could keep you posted on the schedule at Atlantic Motorsports Park. It's only a 14 hour drive from Ottawa, ha. We actually have folks drive that far or farther when they come to the Mustang Roundup in Hastings, Nebraska , each year in September ( www.racemph.com)

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Good thought Bill, but I can barely stand a 3 hour drive to Calabogie in my car these days. Black bushings/motor mounts/subframe and diff mounts, rear seat delete and resonator delete do not a quiet car make, though the FR track suspension is surprisingly street friendly. Thinking long tubes and aftermarket exhaust to shed some weight and add some HP soon. Ear plugs mandatory? My neighbours will start a petition to kick me out of the subdivision!

I look back fondly on the days when the "thud" was the only noise complaint I had, upside is that at least all the other new noise has hidden the thud. Those long trips will have to wait until I feel the urge to do an abandonment of the idea that this car is at all a highway car and start towing it to track days.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Gee , JDee where is your sense of adventure? Loss of hearing and hemorrhoids by the time you reach Halifax are nothing when you can hang out with your fellow TMO trackraticus brothers. Er, I guess I don't have your reference since I have to trailer my Boss!

Checked out a lap of Calabogie and that actually looks more fun than Mosport - not as fast but appears more technical?

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Gee , JDee where is your sense of adventure? Loss of hearing and hemorrhoids by the time you reach Halifax are nothing when you can hang out with your fellow TMO trackraticus brothers. Er, I guess I don't have your reference since I have to trailer my Boss!

Checked out a lap of Calabogie and that actually looks more fun than Mosport - not as fast but appears more technical?

LOL! I've already got both those problems! Well, sort of, definitely the former but the latter were fixed many years ago and kept at bay by eating properly!

Bogie is fun and definitely technical, but nothing compares to the adrenalin high you get at Mosport. Going over the top of 2 blind is something you won't forget soon, and the headlong rush down 4 and into 5 is something else. A place for both in the world of tracks though for sure.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
LOL! I've already got both those problems! Well, sort of, definitely the former but the latter were fixed many years ago and kept at bay by eating properly!

Bogie is fun and definitely technical, but nothing compares to the adrenalin high you get at Mosport. Going over the top of 2 blind is something you won't forget soon, and the headlong rush down 4 and into 5 is something else. A place for both in the world of tracks though for sure.

Mosport is on my bucket list!!Spent many weekends there camping at Cam-am and other race events in the 70's as a kid and more recently for the ALMS series around 2008. Always wanted to run some laps there.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Lots of track days at Mosport, tend to be pricey but best price is with Speed Therapy and I see nothing different that they do from anyone else. Big problem at Mosport is people who are over their head and put themselves in a class they shouldn't be in. First time at that track all drivers should start in beginner for at least 1 session then move up as their skill/comfort level determines.

Mosport looks like an awesome track. I doubt I'll ever get there though.

Hey Guys. From Michigan. New to the forum. Had a 87 Notchback 5.0 back in the early 90's. Then I got into Antique trackers. Now, I'm back into Mustangs.

My original goal was a Roush supercharged car or GT350. Then I found the PP2. Just wanted something somewhat unique. The car is used for occasional driving and maybe some tracks days for now.

I had my first experience at the M1 Concourse in Pontiac MI. Probably not the best place to start out. Is was an awesome experience and now I'm hooked.

Going to start searching this forum and others for the following info.....

Things that I'm thinking about:
  • Now the shifter is in which trans fluid? Thinking amsoil…...
  • The car calls for 5W30 for the track. I currently have 5w20 full syn Motorcraft. Not sure which direction to go here yet. Probably just put in and keep track oil in it.
  • Tires - No complaints really but I might replace to save the sport cups.
  • Half shafts at some point
  • Shaftmasters one piece driveshaft - they are located in my area
  • Supercharger / turbos maybe one day
  • Cold air intake JLT...
  • Some sort of cloth racing seat. Had to order the nice seats since my company makes them.

Hello everyone.

Randall

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel