The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
What type of bicycles races did you do Mark?
Well, at one time I owned a Specialized Venge Pro, a Cervelo P3 Time Trial Bike with rear disc and 90 mm front wheel...these I sold and funneled the proceeds into a set of custom offset ForgeStar F14 Wheels and Vorshlag Camber Plates for my S550. I still have my Giant Propel and recently purchased a Giant Revolt Gravel Bike. How about you?

Hi, I have been lurking for a few months and made it official today! I picked up a '12 base GT 6 speed with Brembo's last weekend and plan to do a mixture of street, autox, drag and hpde's with it. My last autox was in 1992 but have done stock car and drag racing since then off and on. This is Mustang #8 for me but my first S197 that I will be modding. The car came with cat deletes (sadly they have to go back on for lovely emission test and license plate!) JLT cai, bama tune and Steeda sport springs. I have already learned a lot from reading various threads on here and look forward to so much more now that I'm back in the game!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome JP and we expect to see a Hoosier on Hoosier's in the near future, ha.

Glad to hear you are no longer a lurker, but a poster ...... get some pics up on your new GT when you can?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have a friend/customer in St. John and I know you are super close to Autobahn Country Club. The Great Lakes Region of NASA runs over there a couple of times a year and it is a very, very well run Region. You need to check them out as great group, and they hit some of the other tracks near you -- Gingerman would be another good example.

I have a friend/customer in St. John and I know you are super close to Autobahn Country Club. The Great Lakes Region of NASA runs over there a couple of times a year and it is a very, very well run Region. You need to check them out as great group, and they hit some of the other tracks near you -- Gingerman would be another good example.
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know a whole lot about NASA but will definitely look into it. I did a BMW event at the Autobahn two years ago in a M235ix and had a great time and it is definitely the 'home' track if there is such a thing!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There are some folks who frequent TMO who run there ( Autobahn ) ,as well as a good group of Mustang racers who show up at the NASA events , for HPDE ( High Performance Driver Education ) , Time Trials or Road Racing.

Also look up the Ford and Mustang Roundup ( racemph.com ) coming this October ----- killer event for TMO members that always brings Ford Engineers down from Dearborn to race with us and ..............showcase some new Blue Oval Product!!!

There are some folks who frequent TMO who run there ( Autobahn ) ,as well as a good group of Mustang racers who show up at the NASA events , for HPDE ( High Performance Driver Education ) , Time Trials or Road Racing.

Also look up the Ford and Mustang Roundup ( racemph.com ) coming this October ----- killer event for TMO members that always brings Ford Engineers down from Dearborn to race with us and ..............showcase some new Blue Oval Product!!!
Sounds great! I have been away for far too long but feel like I will get back "up to speed" quickly with this group!!!

Hello all, my name is Matt. I bought a 2018 performance pack 1 a little over a year ago and I started to modify it a little. I have installed an intake, tuner and long tube headers as well as a resonator delete h-pipe. I have been interested in tracking the car and attended my first autocross event last weekend so I guess the addiction has gotten worse.

I joined this forum in the case that I needed information so I will be doing a lot of browsing, I registered in the case I would like to join in on a discussion.

D9EA19D5-3B16-493E-9A5B-F52893D5520C.jpeg

Hey TMO,

My name is Todd and I'm fairly new to this forum but not to the car/motorsport/mustang digital space or scene. I'm quite active on the M6G forum as well on the other social media outlets.
I came here for a more focused/in-depth insight into the track world. I also got tired of the trolls/blowhards and general annoying behavior that is commonly found on the other platforms.

I've been tracking this car (2016 Mustang GT PP) for several years now as well as some auto-x here and there. Its quite modified with almost all of the work being done myself (I love wrenching,
woodworking, restoring and building things). My goal is to learn from the community and become a better driver and steward of my track car. I currently volunteer with the SCCA SF region at
Thunderhill during the season (hopefully there is a 2020 season).

I'll post up a build thread/vehicle profile soon.

Stay safe everyone and see you all at the tracks when they open up!

-Todd Morrow

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Hey TMO,

My name is Todd and I'm fairly new to this forum but not to the car/motorsport/mustang digital space or scene. I'm quite active on the M6G forum as well on the other social media outlets.
I came here for a more focused/in-depth insight into the track world. I also got tired of the trolls/blowhards and general annoying behavior that is commonly found on the other platforms.

I've been tracking this car (2016 Mustang GT PP) for several years now as well as some auto-x here and there. Its quite modified with almost all of the work being done myself (I love wrenching,
woodworking, restoring and building things). My goal is to learn from the community and become a better driver and steward of my track car. I currently volunteer with the SCCA SF region at

-Todd Morrow
Welcome Todd, glad to see you here. I followed a bit of your build over on M6G a while back. Looking forward to meeting up with you at an event at some point.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
Hey TMO,

-Todd Morrow
Welcome Todd!

Hey all! I discovered this forum a while back and have been reading a few of the build/set up threads and thought I would sign up. It looks like this forum is more my style that others. Useful information and mutual respect for each other.

I've always liked Mustangs and have owned/driven one almost my entire life. I started out restoring a few Mustangs way back when and took some of them to the Mid-America Shelby Meet in Tulsa, OK.. Then discovered autox. I sold all the restoration projects and picked up an '87 GT. Then discovered drag racing and the Hallett racetrack.

Bought and sold too many Mustangs along the way and never really stuck with one car and developed it. Over the years I would hit the autox/drags and nearby HPDE events and the Shelby Meet in Tulsa as finances allowed. I managed to be somewhat competitive in the local autox for a bit then it just wasn't fun anymore so I sat out for a few years.

My son got me back into a few local autox and the Shelby Meet a couple years ago so I picked up an '11 GT500 PP. With no competitive pressure now I enjoy the car at whatever is at hand.

I enjoy modding the car and do all my own work. The primary focus of modifications are open track days at Hallett with a few autox's thrown in and still be able to drive the car almost anywhere.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome Tinstar and hope that horrible weather in Oklahoma yesterday did not affect you? Check out www.racemph.com for the Ford and Mustang Roundup held in Hastings, Ne. this coming October. The Shelby meet at Hallett is very well known and the event in Hastings is becoming the same type of bucket list event. We have had Ford Engineers come down from Dearborn every year of the event to showcase new products and race their cars with us. There are quite a few of us who both track and autocross our Stangs so glad to have you join us -- no more lurking, time for posting, ha,ha!

Welcome Todd, glad to see you here. I followed a bit of your build over on M6G a while back. Looking forward to meeting up with you at an event at some point.
Welcome Todd!
Welcome aboard . Tons of resources here. :)
Todd, welcome, and there are a bunch of TMO Members in your area. If you are ever out in Nebraska you will find a warm welcome at my house, since I live on ..................Todd Drive, ha!!

Thank you all!

TMO Supporting Vendors