The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No, there are no back seats in a GT 350R, but the regular one has a back seat that will seem commodious compared to the Ferrari ----- and the 5.2 will rev almost as high, ha.

Last edited:
mavisky - 2018 GT350 #J0006 - bought second hand with only 2,000 miles on it. Live up between Road Atlanta and Atlanta Motorsports Park, but haven't had the car on either yet. Primarily because I know that if I let myself get started I'll get into it really deep and the finances aren't there yet for me to get that involved just yet as I'm currently loving just driving the car and enjoying it in the gorgeous mountain roads we have here.

Howdy! Greg from TX. I just purchased a 2013 GT manual and will be doing autocross and track but will keep it street legal. I plan to swap out the suspension and wheels at some point but only after I learn how to drive this thing stock. I'm fortunate to live near to local tracks, Texas Motor Speedway and COTA is a 3-hour drive.
I installed the Whiteline MT82 bushing and replaced the steering wheel. The old one was slick as ice. I've been reading up on the MT82 and saw the class action lawsuit that was just filed. I'll pay close attention the anything tranny related.

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome Greg and feel free to drop me a PM if you want, as I have been Autocrossing since 1981 , and long ago I was great ----- now I am old and adequate, haha.

Seriously they run the Solo Nationals 60 miles from my home in Nebraska, and years ago I helped coordinate logistics with SCCA when the Nationals were run in Salina, Ks. All this simply means I have made over 39+ years of mistakes on courses and I might be able to save you from making some of the same ones, haha.

You will find a lot of Road Course and Autocross Afficianados on this Forum and everyone is super helpful.

PS - great color choice on your GT!!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Greg

Starting with instruction, Perfect.

"Drivers Mods" usually return the most dollar for dollar.

Trans issues are usually not trans issues, initially. If your car shifts well at or near redline, You are good. If you have lock out, look at the clutch and then the shifter.

Last edited:

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Greg:

Nice pick on the ‘13 Mustang GT, looks like a Brembo Mustang (hopefully).

You’ll love driving a ‘Live Axle’ V8 Mustang as she’ll make your heart pound, and you found the right Forum to learn all aspects of a Performance Mustang.

Good luck,

I’ve been lurking on here for sometime and figured I should introduce my self. My name is steve I’m from the Milwaukee wi area. I’ve had my mustang since 2015 I try do do as many track days as I can but really haven’t had a lot of time these last couple of years. I have to two little boys running around so time isn’t always on my side. Just want to say thanks to everyone who has posted tech info on this site it has helped me out with suspension setups and tire setups more than I could of ever imagined you guys are great! Anyways on to the car! It’s a 2011 Brembo car I bought it stock aside from Koni yellows I have since put k springs, Steeda comp sway bars (traking rear one off and swapping for a smaller one) bmr rear lower controls arms. Phb. Steeda bump steer kit(probably swapping been reeding to much about there failures) bmr jacking rails. Boss IM. Steeda cold air intake, Borla stype exhaust. 3in brake ducts and I think that’s about it. I usually track it at Blackhawk farms. Milwaukee mile and road America.

CCCD7A24-636B-4F1A-B6B7-FF68DED3C833.jpeg

8E951D22-75C6-409A-B360-4E87C62EBAA3.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome Steve and great looking Mustang ------ that red candy metallic was always one of my personal favorites. You might consider going over to the new " Build Thread " and posting all the things you have done , including rims, tires , front splitter, types of pads you use and more. Might scare yourself because as noted you felt you listed everything and it seems we all remember other things when we do that thread and the Visa/MC bills seem to come back to mind, haha. Nice to have another Midwestern join the site and there are quite a few folks on here that run at the tracks you do , so it will be fun to actually meet them in the future.

TMO Supporting Vendors