The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please introduce yourself and tell us about your other cars and interest.
Thought I should finally introduce myself. My name is Paul and I have been enjoying the forum for a while and joined a few months ago but just got up the nerve to post. I retire a few years ago from the Federal Government as a 27 year Air Traffic Controller and moved from California to Pennsylvania. A few months ago I bought a 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. This forum gave me lots of good info to help with the purchase so I want to thank all. Don't have any plans for the car at the moment except to enjoy it.
Please introduce yourself and tell us about your other cars and interest.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Thought I should finally introduce myself. My name is Paul and I have been enjoying the forum for a while and joined a few months ago but just got up the nerve to post. I retire a few years ago from the Federal Government as a 27 year Air Traffic Controller and moved from California to Pennsylvania. A few months ago I bought a 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. This forum gave me lots of good info to help with the purchase so I want to thank all. Don't have any plans for the car at the moment except to enjoy it.
Glad to have you Paul. Hope to see you create a vehicle profile for the car at some point so we can check it out. Thanks for the participation.

(you can do that here: https://trackmustangsonline.com/member-cars/)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome Paul and Central PA has got to be a perfect spot for a Track Rat -------off to the West is Pittsburgh International Raceway , to the East is Pocono Raceway, and North is Watkins Glen. If you are in State College you are just about a perfect distance to all of them, so good choice for your move, ha. Pretty friendly group here, very helpful , and there is a good group of us that are retired but still enjoying fast Stangs. Look forward to hearing how things progress with your Boss, and feel free to drop me a PM if I can answer any questions?

Thanks Chris and Bill for the kind words. I do live just north of State College but haven't done much traveling with two kids in college. I will definitely take advantage of your expertise so thank you.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Willkommen Paulo,

Where in Deutschland do you live? I lived in Bitburg as a young man and visited Germany last year on vacation. I had a School Bus Yellow Boss 302 also , though you can see from my picture I now have a 2013 Boss 302 S ( Ford Factory built race car, not legal for the highway). I am pleased you found this Forum and we will all be happy to help you and we hope you post some pictures of your car or videos when you are on the track ( Nurburgring, Hockenheimring, etc. ). You might view the new " Build Thread" and tell everyone about your Boss. I am sure your Mustang gets alot of attention all over Europe!

Willkommen Paulo,

Where in Deutschland do you live? I lived in Bitburg as a young man and visited Germany last year on vacation. I had a School Bus Yellow Boss 302 also , though you can see from my picture I now have a 2013 Boss 302 S ( Ford Factory built race car, not legal for the highway). I am pleased you found this Forum and we will all be happy to help you and we hope you post some pictures of your car or videos when you are on the track ( Nurburgring, Hockenheimring, etc. ). You might view the new " Build Thread" and tell everyone about your Boss. I am sure your Mustang gets alot of attention all over Europe!

Hi Bill,

Well Bitburg is not to far away from my hometown "Bad Kreuznach".
I often drive some rounds in the "Eifel & Hundsrück"

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Hola - Glenn here. I'm looking forward to the gabbins and the learnins is all. Ok maybe used/new parts too. I've had an aero fox since 1987. I'm in it to win it in the fox body apparently. Love the styling and the v8 too much to give it up. It's in my profile but I've had 1987 GT, 1993 GT, and now since 2000 I've got my 1993 cobra. The cobra is the only one I've tracked. It's been awhile but I hit Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, and California Speedway a few times each between early 2007 and late 2009. Unfortunately I got too busy in life to do anything since then. Daily drove it until stock motor gave the ghost in 2016 and it's been sitting since. Getting the motor rebuilt now - hoping to be back on the street (and smogged - arrggghh) by the end of the year.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I've been here for a few days but I guess I should introduce myself too.

My name is Casey, I'm on Mustang #5. I did 7 years in the Air Force; 3 stationed in Okinawa, Japan, and 4 stationed at Camp Darby, Italy. I graduated from SAMTECH in Houston, TX for Cylinder Head and Block Machining. I'm a Holley Certified tuner as well as graduated the EFI tuning course at SAMTECH. I spent a few years building high end award winning pro touring cars. Several features in Hot Rod Magazine and other magazines, took several cars to SEMA, did some Goodguys shows. I kinda got burnt out working on other people's stuff instead of my own, now I'm a CMM Programmer. I live in Butler, MO, about 50 miles south of Kansas City. I also own Restless Performance, I just got it off the ground this past January. It's not much yet but I'm always looking to add to my product line and make it bigger and better.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I've been here for a few days but I guess I should introduce myself too.

My name is Casey, I'm on Mustang #5. I did 7 years in the Air Force; 3 stationed in Okinawa, Japan, and 4 stationed at Camp Darby, Italy. I graduated from SAMTECH in Houston, TX for Cylinder Head and Block Machining. I'm a Holley Certified tuner as well as graduated the EFI tuning course at SAMTECH. I spent a few years building high end award winning pro touring cars. Several features in Hot Rod Magazine and other magazines, took several cars to SEMA, did some Goodguys shows. I kinda got burnt out working on other people's stuff instead of my own, now I'm a CMM Programmer. I live in Butler, MO, about 50 miles south of Kansas City. I also own Restless Performance, I just got it off the ground this past January. It's not much yet but I'm always looking to add to my product line and make it bigger and better.
Thanks for your service Casey, and appreciate your contributions to the site so far - lots of activity in your build thread, and I know I'm not the only one who is enjoying reading through it.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Glenn (gut)...is the first name Beer?....Welcome to TMO.....Lot's of good people here to help you in whatever you need...they haven't let me down yet..but then again I haven't asked for much..
Ha yes unfortunately that would be a very appropriate first name. Thanks for the greetings. Will try to contribute as much as I can - both the good and the bad.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Hola - Glenn here. I'm looking forward to the gabbins and the learnins is all. Ok maybe used/new parts too. I've had an aero fox since 1987. I'm in it to win it in the fox body apparently. Love the styling and the v8 too much to give it up. It's in my profile but I've had 1987 GT, 1993 GT, and now since 2000 I've got my 1993 cobra. The cobra is the only one I've tracked. It's been awhile but I hit Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, and California Speedway a few times each between early 2007 and late 2009. Unfortunately I got too busy in life to do anything since then. Daily drove it until stock motor gave the ghost in 2016 and it's been sitting since. Getting the motor rebuilt now - hoping to be back on the street (and smogged - arrggghh) by the end of the year.
Oh Hi!
Trailer it like a real man :)

Hello!
I am not sure why I never introduced myself or joined this site earlier. My name is Nick and I am from San Diego, CA and currently own a 2006 GT.

I have owned a bunch of fox bodies previously among them a '91 LX that had a bunch of MM parts on it that I did two HPDE's at California Speedway with back in 2007 and 2009. One of those events was with @gut who posted above me!

My 2006 GT was mostly built up by the previous couple owners with not many changes by me except for the wheels. For the past 3 years I have been autocrossing it pretty regularly in the SCCA CAM class in San Diego and SoCal regions, with a couple national CAM challenges in there too. It has been a great, reliable platform.

I am not sure what the future holds, I am getting the itch to build a fox body again or move into an S550

.IMG_0097.JPG20190602_-_7897-(ZF-1790-38486-1-003).jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel