The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
This is how I approached it:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Too
LIAR, I CALL BS.. HAHA. Its an inside joke for those who wont get this.
Too obscure, even I didn't get it at first. But yes....Fvck him. hahaha.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Now boys play nice , and .................by the way, of course I get it. There are advantages in life to aging , you actually understand the fine, funky world of innuendo!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Now boys play nice , and .................by the way, of course I get it. There are advantages in life to aging , you actually understand the fine, funky world of innuendo!
Someone was being a jack Azz on my face book….that’s what he was referring too.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and nice mods on Mellow Yellow and practice is what is required to make any of us fast. Sounds like you are ready for 2022 to go out and have some fun destroying concrete and asphalt so keep us posted on your road course romps. Happy New Year and you are fairly close to some cool tracks and I wondered if you have run Barber yet?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bonifay, FL
Welcome and nice mods on Mellow Yellow and practice is what is required to make any of us fast. Sounds like you are ready for 2022 to go out and have some fun destroying concrete and asphalt so keep us posted on your road course romps. Happy New Year and you are fairly close to some cool tracks and I wondered if you have run Barber yet?
I have not run Barber, but it is definitely on my list of tracks to visit! My son lives in Huntsville, so maybe on a visit with him I can find an open track day.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would say a father/son visit and a little track time should be in the works for 2022! You have the incentive with him so close and " Barber " is on many a bucket list , including those of us as far away as Nebraska ( in my case ).

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Good morning and thanks for the add. Only have a couple of track days under my belt, but I joined to learn more and hopefully improve my driving. This is my SLOW 2017 GT Premium that still isn't finished, lol. Greetings from the panhandle of Florida!View attachment 71268
Welcome!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
I missed this thread somehow... My name is Aaron and I have a 2013 Mustang GT Manual (I need to update my build thread), my wife and three kids (our oldest just moved out) live in Columbia, TN. This is my first sport/muscle car and it's FUN! I've been in the Performance Automotive Industry all of my life, and I keep telling friends and collogues it's nice to finally participate in our industry! Family and business have been the focus for the past 15yrs. So I am really looking forward to getting on track for some HPDE days this coming year and/or a time attack. Last time I competed properly was kart racing back in the late 2000's at Willow Springs and a few other SoCal tracks.

This forum has been a big help, so thanks to all of the TMO members. There are plenty of more upgrades I want to do on my car, so I'll be asking questions! Moving over to dream world now: Ultimately I'd love to build a Coyote motor with one goal, max RPM in Naturally Aspirated config. Really don't care what the HP is, it'll be what it is. Who knows if I'll ever get to build it, but if I do you guys will see it come together. Talking with guys in the pits and one respected engine builder telling me these motors when built properly will pull through 11,000rpm (as it did on his dyno and scared the you know what out of him) combined with all of that high rpm 2-stroke racing have really ignited this question.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
Hey all, didn't see this thread until recently, so a belated intro.

I'm Chip, picked up my '20 GT350 in Jan '21 and was finally able to get to doing open tracking as I've always wanted to do. I had done Bondurant 1-day racing school in 2000, a track day at Laguna Seca in '02 or '03, ride-alongs at Sears Point and Thunderhill, and then life caught up with me. 3 kids, an MBA, a move cross-country, a divorce, and a remarriage later (with 3 bonus kids) I can now move beyond Gran Turismo, karts, and the occasional Dream Racing day in Vegas. Last year I ran at Road Atlanta, Barber, Nashville, NCM, and Memphis, and did the GT350 Track Attack at the CMS Roval, so a pretty good first year really getting into it. I'm up to HPDE3 with NASA (3 of the above events), and yellow solo with Chin (2 of the above events).

The car I've been driving is my 2020 GT350 which I've driven to and from each event.

Current Mods
Wheels/Tires:
track wheels (Apex SM-10 19"x11.5") with SC2s (for now), summer/rain wheels/tires (Signature SV104 19"x11" with 315 PS4S), and winters on the stock wheels. OP Mustang extended lugs (all 4 wheels) and spacers (front)
Aero: GT4 hood vent, GT350R splitter, stock swing + gurney
Suspension: SPC camber arms, BMR toe links, Steeda camber plates and camber bolts. About to install BMR springs front and rear for next season.
Brakes: stock with OEM pads for the track, Motul fluid
Safety: Schroth QuikFit Pro harnesses + anti-sub straps on 06Mach1's mounts, Element fire extinguisher & mount, Bell M8 Carbon helmet & HANS 3, ZL1 front and rear tow hooks
Misc: MGW shifter, Archetype oil balancing lines, UPR catch cans, Ford Racing reusable filter, various cosmetic and maintenance items

Looking forward to this season - planning to run once a month starting in March. I've met up with a couple of guys at NASA events and we've formed a "race team" - we travel together and are working to build a couple of dedicated track cars with the intention to run TT with NASA (MR2 Spyder, probably TT5, '96 Cobra probably TT4). I'll also be trailering the car this season. Been getting good info here and hope to contribute as well.

IMGP8557.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Hello everyone! I'm a GT350 owner who lives in Texas. Try to go to as many HDPE events as the pocket book will allow. Would love to start traveling outside TX and experiencing more tracks. VIR being the top of the bucket list as that is my home state. I look forward to sharing knowledge and maybe meeting some of you all at events!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hello everyone! I'm a GT350 owner who lives in Texas. Try to go to as many HDPE events as the pocket book will allow. Would love to start traveling outside TX and experiencing more tracks. VIR being the top of the bucket list as that is my home state. I look forward to sharing knowledge and maybe meeting some of you all at events!
welcome!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome, and what tracks in Texas do you run? With MSR in Cresson, MSR Houston , Eagles Canyon, COTA , etc. you have plenty of fun tracks to attend and I am sure many are envious that you have access to some great tracks in the Lone Star State. You will find TMO is a wealth of information and a very fun site.

TMO Supporting Vendors