The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the welcomes Ken and Rick!

Ken, likewise bud! It was cool we were able to get the Mustang crew all pitted beside each other. Hopefully we'll see you again soon around the track. (I am already contemplating Daytona with justtrackit.net in October!)

New to the site. Just bought a '12 Boss in Perf. White, #1664, with 3/4 inch attenuators. The sound for the street is, to me, perfect. I had to cash in chips I didn't even have, so Ramen noodles will be served for a while. The car I always knew Ford could build for me. Very impressed so many people are able to track the cars. I'll be scrounging for gas money for sometime, but man, was it worth it !
Dave P. and the Mustang Team deserve a lot of credit for 'throwing' so much at the car in development, and having so much make it to production.
This site is a wealth of info. Thanks, Don.

GA
TGR96 said:
Thanks for the welcomes Ken and Rick!

Ken, likewise bud! It was cool we were able to get the Mustang crew all pitted beside each other. Hopefully we'll see you again soon around the track. (I am already contemplating Daytona with justtrackit.net in October!)

I am thinking about Daytona too. Hope to see you there!

Ken

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Hello all,

New member to the coyote world. I just recently picked up my 14 GT and i must say i'm impressed i do realize it's not a Boss its a close as i could get. After selling my 93 Cobra i knew i had to get another car.

Performance White 14 GT
Brembo Package
Roush Splitter
Boss Diffuser
GT 500 Mufflers
Lowering Springs
TrackCal
Glass top.
GT500 Spoiler

Future plans call for track wheels and that's about it.

This will be mainly a street car but i do hit the road course a lot.

Thanks
Dean.

IMG_20140825_162909473_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140830_142856639_HDR.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Hi, I'm Brian. I own a bucket truck and cut trees for a living, which explains the nickname and avatar.

First Mustang was an 09 Bullitt which I bought in early 2011. It was completely stock with 13K miles. I turned it into a 10 second street car with 643rwhp on the 93 octane tune. I totaled it in April of this year when it got away from me.

50750332-IMG_8348.png
IMG_2570.png

I bought it back from the insurance company after they totaled it and parted it out. At the end of June I bought my 2014 Sterling Gray GT/CS. The next day I had the tow truck come haul off the Bullitt carcass. It was bittersweet.

IMG_2780.png

Already done a bunch of mods to the CS including the MGW shifter, full suspension swap (twice), axle back exhaust (twice), DSS drivershaft and a VMP tune. Promised myself I would wait a minimum of 6 months before dropping a blower on it. I also don't plan on drag racing this one but want it to be more of a street/handling car. I found drag racing boring and was only going for a time slip.

IMG_2827.png
IMG_2842.png
IMG_2843.png
IMG_2821.png
IMG_2816.png

Welcome Brain!

Sad to see the Bullitt go like that, but it goes to show that any moment these cars can bite back when caught a little distracted!

Do a single HPDE/PDX event, if you haven't already, and see if you enjoy doing road courses instead. Seems like you have a good suspension setup already, might as well test it out :p. Then you may not even get the supercharger, and instead, spend all the money on tires and brakes!

Brian and Dean welcome to BMO!

Hello--I am Bruce and a Boss 302 owner--almost. The car I am getting is in transit from the east coast, GHIG car with all options (except missing the cover, grrr).
Rick knows me and has seen some of my cars--I have had waaaaaay too many Mustangs but some of the better ones were a 2000 Cobra R, 2004 comp orange Mach 1, 2003 Cobra and my trusty old 1966 GT350. I am also into the Sunbeam Tigers, I just sold 1 last week so I am down to 2 at the moment. I will post pics when the car arrives..........

Bruce welcome to BMO. So I guess this means you don't need to drive my car? ;D I'm glad it's on its way. You should check with this seller to see if his car cover is still available and check the for sale forum often as they pop up frequently.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8259.0

Bruce has an all original 1966 GT350 that's in amazing condition. Hopefully when he has time he can share the story of how he bought it.

Hello from a new member. I just picked up a 2013 GB Boss 302 with 3k miles. Car has all options, and like Cobrakidz, mine is missing the cover as well. I gave her a good cleaning yesterday and installed my GT500 axlebacks. Today I will be installing the fog delete plates that I purchased and getting some pics.

20141005_080814_zpseb618056.jpg

20141005_081027_zps2b2a3cf3.jpg

20141005_081055_zpsf7575c3c.jpg

Replaced this car:

2012pic_zps4936558a.jpg

I'm new a couple of weeks ago, and have neglected my introduction. I don't have a boss mustang, rather a 2013 GT Brembo, but I found this site following a thread from the S197 forum about the blow fish shifter bracket.

-Jeff

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
WJBertrand said:
I'm new a couple of weeks ago, and have neglected my introduction. I don't have a boss mustang, rather a 2013 GT Brembo, but I found this site following a thread from the S197 forum about the blow fish shifter bracket.

-Jeff

Jeff

Welcome!

You don't have to have a Boss to fit right in.. Steve and several others here have GTs and are an important part of the group.

Any pictures of your ride to share?? ;D

Hey everyone. I'm Eric and I don't own a boss...or a ford...or a sports car. :-( but I am an enthusiast and am looking forward to what for has in store for the 2015+

I have test driven a few stangs in recent history and I must say the boss is an amazing car. I love the comradery of stang owners and was referred here by Rick. Looking forward to perusing another forum and hope to join the ranks of proud ford owners soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Xboxer said:
Hi all,

I'm Graeme from Calgary , Canada. I've just recently purchased a pre-owned 2012 Boss in Performance White after finally caving in this spring. I was going to try to wait for the 2015 GT..... but I couldn't wait any longer. When she came up in the AutoTrader locally, I had to have it. The driving season for sports cars is SOOO short in Calgary, it was now or never!. She's my first Mustang, and maybe one day my sons first too. After he prys the keys out of my dead hands!

Its a bit unusual w/o the stripe package - there was some debate on this as it may have been ordered this way from the factory ( the window sticker does mention the Stripe Delete under options, but it had a bang on its car history, and some say they just never bothered replacing...).

Currently, I'm planning on ordering the TracKey, not that we have a track up here (yet), but just to have it for fun on the street. Its already a blast surprising waaay more expensive cars here on the street, I can't imagine how much better it will be.

This site is fantastic, and I'm really proud to be part of this whole experience!

Here's some of my latest pics....

60334D68-7B86-44DF-A67B-C97C779AF9AD.jpg

D3A74AFB-B809-436E-BC67-4394BF2586D4.jpg

Hi XBoxer

Congratulations on the purchase of your 2012 PW Boss 302. As for your stripe kit, you may have purchased this car from Howie? If so, look over on the Boss 302 Forum and Club, you will find a lot of good information on your Boss. His Forum name was Howster. He also posted about removing the Boss stripe kit and why he did it. At one time, there was a Boss 302 image ghosted in the rear portion of the front fenders.

Good luck with your Boss and if you did buy your Boss from Howie, he took excellent care of it.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

Backorder said:
Hey everyone. I'm Eric and I don't own a boss...or a ford...or a sports car. :-( but I am an enthusiast and am looking forward to what for has in store for the 2015+

I have test driven a few stangs in recent history and I must say the boss is an amazing car. I love the comradery of stang owners and was referred here by Rick. Looking forward to perusing another forum and hope to join the ranks of proud ford owners soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eric, welcome to BMO. Hopefully the base GT350 fits your budget and if not a GT PP with a few choice mods should have you tearing up your local tracks.

Hey there ladies and gents.
My name is Mike and I have been lurking here for the past few months. Picked up a '14 tracpac last march and thru a couple other forums heard this would be the place to search around for more of a track experience. Oh let's see I also have an F250 diesel for my winter/ dd and a 2000 Lightning that has more than enough done to it to get me in trouble. Also love spending as much time as I can with my 2 yo little girl.

lightninmike said:
Hey there ladies and gents.
My name is Mike and I have been lurking here for the past few months. Picked up a '14 tracpac last march and thru a couple other forums heard this would be the place to search around for more of a track experience. Oh let's see I also have an F250 diesel for my winter/ dd and a 2000 Lightning that has more than enough done to it to get me in trouble. Also love spending as much time as I can with my 2 yo little girl.
Welcome to BMO. What tracks are you going to run?

Good friend of mine and his friend setup some autocross at the old devans air base in Ma and I have a vacation week picked to try and get down to VIR for the superfest.

TMO Supporting Vendors