The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mild NA coyote build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewed up rod bearings during oil starvation.. so decided to do a little upgrading.

Manley 11.5:1
Manley Rods
Boss crank
Oil squirter blockoffs
Billet oil pump gears
Boss valve springs
CompCams NA stage 3 w/phase limiters
ARP hardware throughout
CJ Pulse Ring
MMR head cooling mod.
Boss oil pan

Car already had Boss 302 IMF/Air raid CAI
BBK ceramic long tubes.

Should be fun, I will follow up to give driving impressions on the cams..

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
centri5.0 said:
Chewed up rod bearings during oil starvation.. so decided to do a little upgrading.

Manley 11.5:1
Manley Rods
Boss crank
Oil squirter blockoffs
Billet oil pump gears
Boss valve springs
CompCams NA stage 3 w/phase limiters
ARP hardware throughout
CJ Pulse Ring
MMR head cooling mod.
Boss oil pan

Car already had Boss 302 IMF/Air raid CAI
BBK ceramic long tubes.

Should be fun, I will follow up to give driving impressions on the cams..

Interesting build

Any estimate on costs, parts, machine work etc??

Yeah parts w/gasket kit and other ancillaries ran about $6K from modularmotorracing. Clean up heads, balance assembly, install figure another $2K. Lund tuning $450. Should be good for around 500 whp all said and done. All kinds of other supporting suspension, drive train, brake upgrades.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
centri5.0 said:
Yeah parts w/gasket kit and other ancillaries ran about $6K from modularmotorracing. Clean up heads, balance assembly, install figure another $2K. Lund tuning $450. Should be good for around 500 whp all said and done. All kinds of other supporting suspension, drive train, brake upgrades.

Cool!!

Your block and heads, HD lower end and upgrades close to the HD Aiuminator engine for $9K. Add in the CJ manifold and TB and you just about have the CJ.

Good luck with your build.

Interested in your dyne numbers.

Yeah I have an 84.5MM accufab.. funny thing, I didn't get the CJ intake cuz it was too much $. LOL

centri5.0 said:
Yeah I have an 84.5MM accufab.. funny thing, I didn't get the CJ intake cuz it was too much $. LOL

steveespo said:
Get a road race oil pan so you don't have oil starvation again. Boss pan is marginally better than GT pan. Moroso pan is great, so is the Ford Racing pan, just $700 more than the Moroso.
Steve

Great advice. Moroso Alloy on the way. Looking back, seems silly that I didn't order it in the first place.

centri, did you ever overfill the pan 1/4-1/2qrt above the max line during track events?

Just curious if an oil pan is something I have to add to the list, when I start running slicks down the line..

roadhouse said:
E85?? Did you say E85? :D Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

I know I know, but then I shoulda went with 13:1 pistons :) sticking with 91 for now. Still have my 47lb injectors.. so ya never know.

Tulsa, OK
centri5.0 said:
I know I know, but then I shoulda went with 13:1 pistons :) sticking with 91 for now. Still have my 47lb injectors.. so ya never know.

Because streetcar...You'd have to start trailering with E, then it would be a racecar. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors