The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 MrBD1348's MT82 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Chicago
The car has 96k miles and I just picked it up. I think the rear bushings and shocks are just really tired.
The stock suspension was very “floaty” but mine was not PP1 when I got it. Not sure if that makes a huge difference but I would change them out and see how you feel then. I don’t think any of the ford oe suspension is suited for track driving unless it’s magneride. I could be wrong

Agreed! I’ll take any recommendation from Tony straight to the drawing board. I even started looking at a Miata when I got home @Tonymustang302 😂😂
Im telling you, i lost 4 seconds off my time after 1 day with my z3. It teaches you momentum

The stock suspension was very “floaty” but mine was not PP1 when I got it. Not sure if that makes a huge difference but I would change them out and see how you feel then. I don’t think any of the ford oe suspension is suited for track driving unless it’s magneride. I could be wrong
wheres your next event i’ll take u for a ride in the 350.

me and kona are doing road america the 14th if it doesnt rain, im prob bringing my 500

TMO Supporting Vendors