The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Apr

MUSTANG 60TH BIRTHDAY PARTY AT BARBER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Don’t blame you one bit. I wouldn’t pay it either.
I can recommend a nice Mexican restaurant…try the fried chicken as an appetizer. I know it sounds crazy…just do it!
I remember you posting about the fried chicken at the Mexican restaurant before. I was planning on trying this trip if I can get in.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I’ll say if you are unhappy with any of those three suggestions, let me know and I’ll pay your tab.

But you won’t be…
I appreciate the offer, but I won't hold you to it. I am happy to have some direction instead of drawing names out of a hat.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Missouri
Well the Advanced and Very Advanced run groups are sold out. The threshold of experience in the intermediate group is only 5-10 solo track events, quite a bit lower than my number of days. Anyone have insight that might help me make a decision? I have sent the event organizer the same question.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
The only benefit I see to going in the intermediate group is you still get to go and there will be less traffic. The Super Advanced and Advanced groups are capped at 45 cars. Beginner and Intermediate are capped at 30 cars. The drivers will have less experience overall, but there will be more room out there. Also, if someone cancels or is a no show you stand a better chance of getting slotted into a higher group if you are already on the confirmed list.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
I'm staying at the Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280 - pretty close to the host Marriott. Typically I stay in Trussville, but thought I'd try to be near where Mustangs will be cruising around.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
Waitlisted for the Advanced group. Thinking of maybe signing up for intermediate instead just to get a spot and then see how things shake out. Looks like a fun track, would hate to miss it. Plan would be to take the Mach 1. Actually, the 82 might be a better match if I am running intermediate group ....

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
If the event sells out, contact me about a registration. Their cancellation policy is quite tough compared to most - not complaining, its their rules and I signed up. But I can potentially get the full refund if I sign up a replacement. I can still make it but life gets tough sometimes and I'd rather delay my "Barber debut."

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
If the event sells out, contact me about a registration. Their cancellation policy is quite tough compared to most - not complaining, its their rules and I signed up. But I can potentially get the full refund if I sign up a replacement. I can still make it but life gets tough sometimes and I'd rather delay my "Barber debut."
What are you registered for? I have a friend who had wanted to do track days but they're full...

TMO Supporting Vendors