The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Apr

MUSTANG 60TH BIRTHDAY PARTY AT BARBER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Good to hear. I’m looking forward to finally seeing your car. We missed each other when you had it in Knoxville.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I just signed up for Advanced, Saturday only. I was scared of getting runover by 5.0 engines and aero in Very Advanced, so me and my V6 are in Advanced. However, as this track has little straightaway to speak of (my iRacing sim indicates I'll only hit like 105-110), I took Advanced. Plus, the sessions are earlier than Very Advanced.

I plan to only drive Saturday at least. I am bumming rooms off Mustang friends to stick it out there.

If anyone wants me to instruct them Saturday, reach out to me and I can try to reach out to MCA and get approved - I didn't initially try. I did, however, email and say that if a need arises, I have been instructing for 5 years and will be intensely studying in the weeks leading up to the event and will step in if needed for the $200 refund. :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Missouri
Guys, I’m strongly considering driving down from St. Louis for this event. It appears Marriot Birmingham is sold out. With that said, it’s also 20+ minutes from the track. The Hampton Inn I us usually stay at is 3 minutes from the track, anyone here going and staying at the Hampton?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I usually stay at the Hampton Inn just out of Barber when there. This time I am at a Garden Inn Trussville, about 15 minutes away. The Hampton in rates were ridiculous when I booked. They were something like $100 more per night higher than I usually pay there.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Missouri
Thanks Eric, I’ll figure something out. The area you’ve suggested is close, has eating establishments, and the hotel prices are far more reasonable than the host area. One Marriot near the host was $500 something a night. That’s nuts, and the Hampton Inn near the track is sold out. I’ll make my reservation for the event tomorro, and then worry about hotels. Happy New Year !,,

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Just like everything else…hotels make hay when the sun shines!!! I’d be surprised if they aren’t booked regardless of price. Big money event…big money people…big money all around.
I'm not faulting them for raising rates during a period of what they see as peak demand. I'm just not paying it this time. I can drive 15 minutes to save +$400 for the stay. I have to drive somewhere to eat when I stay at the Hampton just outside of Barber. This time I am just staying in the area I usually go to eat. It is a plus that it was considerably less expensive when a booked a couple of months ago.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Thanks Eric, I’ll figure something out. The area you’ve suggested is close, has eating establishments, and the hotel prices are far more reasonable than the host area. One Marriot near the host was $500 something a night. That’s nuts, and the Hampton Inn near the track is sold out. I’ll make my reservation for the event tomorro, and then worry about hotels. Happy New Year !,,
I booked a couple of months ago, so there was probably more availability. MCA was using Marriot for the host hotel which was booked up almost immediately. The other Marriot properties and the Hampton outside in the area already had raised rates by the time I made my reservations. Not sure of the current situation but when I booked most of the Hilton properties had better rates. Good luck finding something close for a reasonable price.

TMO Supporting Vendors