The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Apr

MUSTANG 60TH BIRTHDAY PARTY AT BARBER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I have a slot in advanced and was just told theres no waitlist and no one to fill the slot. That came from a response to MSR email about canceling. If your buddy is told its full, then me, your buddy, and the MCA registrar need to chat

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
I have a slot in advanced and was just told theres no waitlist and no one to fill the slot. That came from a response to MSR email about canceling. If your buddy is told its full, then me, your buddy, and the MCA registrar need to chat
Interesting, I'll ask him to check again.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
The cancellation policy was pretty strict on this one. I believe it said "if the event was full and waitlisted" not if your desired run group was full. I don't think they are going to work with anyone until the event is completely sold out for all days. They also are not sharing the list of entrants, so you have no idea how many are registered. I have not run with MCA before depending on how this goes I may not again.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
The cancellation policy was pretty strict on this one. I believe it said "if the event was full and waitlisted" not if your desired run group was full. I don't think they are going to work with anyone until the event is completely sold out for all days. They also are not sharing the list of entrants, so you have no idea how many are registered. I have not run with MCA before depending on how this goes I may not again.
Have to look at MCA track events as a whole event with the Vintage Mustang shows and vendors etc. As a stand alone HPDE they are not really that track focused, a little unorganized, at least how we are used to with the larger clubs. Registration will be an adventure, parking trailers away from the paddock will be required and run sessions will be 5 minutes shorter than advertised because grid in and out is done at a slow pace. Just go with the idea of an experience day(s) vs a track weekend.

I too will be doing all 3 days in Advanced group.
I second what Steve says about MCA track event. It's more about the experience and other Mustang fanatics :)

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Have to look at MCA track events as a whole event with the Vintage Mustang shows and vendors etc. As a stand alone HPDE they are not really that track focused, a little unorganized, at least how we are used to with the larger clubs. Registration will be an adventure, parking trailers away from the paddock will be required and run sessions will be 5 minutes shorter than advertised because grid in and out is done at a slow pace. Just go with the idea of an experience day(s) vs a track weekend.
Once you're on the track, how is it? Do I need to move from Advanced to Very Advanced? I figured the big boys like you with hoosiers and aero would be running me over....

TMO Supporting Vendors