The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My new Grabber Blue BOSS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I picked up a '13 GB BOSS on Sat. It came up for sale and I ran out to see it and made the deal on the spot. I needed that car. Plan is to keep it stock. Came with the track key installed. It's a crazy fast car to me, since I'm upgrading from an 01 Bullitt. Seems loud, which I love, but I think the baffles are still in. Curious to see how loud it will be with them out. Love the track idle.

Too bad it started snowing 30 seconds after I got it home. I only put 60 km on it so far.

People seem to indicate that they have a certain sequence number of specific colours. How do I find out what mine is?

I want to drive this car so bad, but we are about to get 25cm of snow. What a bummer. Not that I am going to winter drive it anyway. Traction was pretty poor in the cold weather as it was.

Any little things I should know? I've been doing as much reading As I can find articles. What an absolutely great car.

Thanks everyone.

I'm near Ottawa Ontario. I used to love the winter.... Now... A little bit less.

Florida would be good right now. Was there at the beginning of November, and missed a GHIG that week. Then this one showed up. Love at first sight/sound.

Congratulations and welcome to BMO. Post up photos when you get a chance.

To find out what number GB yours is, you will need the owners kit. If you bought it private sale you can contact the seller and maybe they will be nice enough to give it / sell it to you.
They might not even have it yet since they only recently started sending to the folks up north.

If the car was sold for the Canada market, my understanding is that they do not have owners kits, only USA versions

raptor said:
If the car was sold for the Canada market, my understanding is that they do not have owners kits, only USA versions

That may be true for 2012 but the 2013 Canadian bosses all came with owners kits.

Jimmer76 - congrats on your Boss - what number is it?

raptor said:

Not true. I bought a 2012 KB Boss 302 in March of this year and called Ford Racing about the owners kit, I received it 21 days later.

It's # 2737 on the intake.

So I guess I should contact ford racing then? Just by phone or is there an email address. See if they ever sent the kit.

I know the car cover is already missing so I have to replace that. But at least I have this beautiful car.

I haven't seen too many Boss's around here and hopefully I don't. I love the uniqueness of this car.

Also from what I've read the track attack is going into 2014. Is this only for original owners?

I'll get some pictures soon.

F18SMM said:
Track Attack is only for first owner. I also think I heard Ford Canada was not paying for their people to go.

That is correct. Canadian owners do not get track attack unless you want to pay for it yourself.
Also, the kit would have been mailed to the original owner so I don't think Ford Racing will be able to help you but it wouldn't hurt to phone.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I don't think you will be able to get the kit unless you can get it from the original owner. I tried to get one as the second owner and had absolutely no luck. Would be really nice to have , but that is part of the problem buying used I guess, but the car is such a riot, it is a minor issue in the scheme of things!!

Congrats and you will enjoy the Boss immensely once the weather turns. Till then , stay on the Forum and live vicariously with all the mean spirited guys who comment on tracking their cars , going to cruises, etc. in Florida , California, Arizona, etc. ha,ha!

Bill Pemberton said:
I don't think you will be able to get the kit unless you can get it from the original owner. I tried to get one as the second owner and had absolutely no luck. Would be really nice to have , but that is part of the problem buying used I guess, but the car is such a riot, it is a minor issue in the scheme of things!!

Congrats and you will enjoy the Boss immensely once the weather turns. Till then , stay on the Forum and live vicariously with all the mean spirited guys who comment on tracking their cars , going to cruises, etc. in Florida , California, Arizona, etc. ha,ha!

I hear ya. We got 10 inches of snow last night/today. So you all need to tell me how fun your most recent rip in the car was. I did sit in it for 10-15 minutes last night. It helps. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors