The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASA NATIONALS and italian_stang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfo
Bring a fishing rod. Sometimes they let you fish in lake lloyd while waiting to go on track. There are bass and catfish in the lake and other stuff. We had a great time fishing the lake and waiting for our turn to race at the Runoffs. There is good fishing all around the area. At times you can drive on daytona beach too. I have never driven on a beach so when I was there I had to go do that.

Bring a fishing rod. Sometimes they let you fish in lake lloyd while waiting to go on track. There are bass and catfish in the lake and other stuff. We had a great time fishing the lake and waiting for our turn to race at the Runoffs. There is good fishing all around the area. At times you can drive on daytona beach too. I have never driven on a beach so when I was there I had to go do that.
That's look fun! Thanks for the advice!

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I'll be there serving as the Series Leader/Director for Super Touring 1-3. I wish I was joining the racing action, but glad to be contributing to the event and sport somehow (as much as I often want to walk away from it all, I get dragged back in). We have a great group of people putting this event together. There's not as many cars in super touring as I would have hoped to see, but it should be a great series of races.

I'll be there serving as the Series Leader/Director for Super Touring 1-3. I wish I was joining the racing action, but glad to be contributing to the event and sport somehow (as much as I often want to walk away from it all, I get dragged back in). We have a great group of people putting this event together. There's not as many cars in super touring as I would have hoped to see, but it should be a great series of races.
Lookimg forward to meet you Chris. Dan Ap. will be there too helping me.
Really hope weather helps.
I'll be workimg on the car Wednesday. Need to finish the splitter sealing. Tire spats. And more important. Box the oil cooler.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
sfo
Alex,

You should take extra time and track your way back to cali. Find other NASA events or SCCA events or Hooked on driving etc. Drive Sebring and Homestead Road Atlanta , Barber. There is nothing more fun than racing new tracks. My most fun 2 weeks of the year is when I get to race homestead weekend then fish the week in the Keys then racing Sebring weekend and fly home.

sfo
It is not a bad idea...
For me every few years or so I'll do an EastCoast swing of SCCA Majors and then do the Runoffs. We just pick tracks we want to race. Sometimes we race a Regional like when we wanted to learn Daytona for the Daytona Runoffs. I like to eat foods of an area so love going to CoTA and eating the Texas BBQ and VIR to stop at Lexington BBQ in NC...PoBoys in NOLA. Then whatever water there I'm flyfishing freshwater or saltwater.

You have more flexibility in venue because your car is dual use. You can look at the online track's calendar and see Oct 30th CHIN is running and you can do that. Chin is also running VIR mid-october and Nov6th Sebring. MVP runs Road Atlanta mid November.

TMO Supporting Vendors