The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you!

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 200 TWR tire coming out from Continental -- with some Hoosier DNA.

Exp. Type
HPDE
MN
It's going to be a slower sell at that price point IMO. Being just shy of a Hoosier slick and around the same price as the A052 in the 18's ... I REALLY wanted to give these a shot, but can't justify the cost @ $400/ea. They may turn out to be top dog, but coming in a little late to the fight this year.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
They’ll be worth the $400 if they have the endurance/road race capabilities and durability of the RS-4’s with improved pace that’s closer to the hot 200TW tires geared more towards AutoX.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
They already look like they will have one thing the RS-4s did not have ...........some fat meat rubber footprints for wide glide wheels ( with rims ). I did put that down correctly didn't I Blacksheep? Trying to remember to call wheels , wheels! A rim is on a basketball goal or where you apply salt on a Margarita glass.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale
This might be a stupid question but since I am running 305 19s, on 11 rims, do you think the 315s will fit on my car without rubbing or do I need to run more camber in front. Running 2.75 in front currently?

I’ve been trying to work this out myself. Same wheels, diff set-up, but this thread linked below might be helpful. I’m guessing you’ll need a thicker spacer and probably more neg camber. I‘m going to try it, but not until July. Link:

This might be a stupid question but since I am running 305 19s, on 11 rims, do you think the 315s will fit on my car without rubbing or do I need to run more camber in front. Running 2.75 in front currently?

Last edited:
Rob,

Good Morning and thanks for writing. After 3+ years of joint partnership with Continental engineering staff we are ready to launch our first Continental branded TW200 Endurance track tire. I am hoping to have the first few 17" sizes in June with the remaining sizes to finally arrive in September. (225/40R-17, P225/45R-17, P255/40R-17)
Our initial spec flyer is attached showing the proposed sizes and car fitments. This is an Endurance Specific Application tire for WRL, Champ Car, AER and other 7 - 9 hour race event per day series.
This is not an autocross tire. You may find this tire will find High Performance Street Enthusiasts as well as Track Day competitors who are not in competition or recording lap times.
The tires are currently being made in Germany and will be arriving at the Hoosier Warehouse in Lakeville, IN to sell through our Distributor Network and Tire Rack.
As we progress through the Summer, if you have any questions, please write me directly.
I am glad to hear there is some enthusiasm for this new tire.

Jeffrey A. Speer

Circuit Racing Product Manager

Hoosier Racing Tire a Continental AG Company

1620059888655.png
1620059809922.png

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel