The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

new engine for the gt...suggestions on part selection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish said:
Jezus! That's a $1600 clutch setup! Talk about a budget killer! Maybe a good single disc and a resurfacing of the steel flywheel is in order?
Regardless of which clutch you buy you should call McLeod and talk to them. I think I talked to Bill and he can explain better than me why we have shifting lock out at high RPM's with the single disc. The twin disc keeps the mass closer to the center line which keeps the centrifugal forces lower.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
pufferfish said:
Jezus! That's a $1600 clutch setup! Talk about a budget killer! Maybe a good single disc and a resurfacing of the steel flywheel is in order?
Mcloed is the other option. You might want to try a centerforce dual friction single disc. I have used those in the past and really been happy with them

TMO Supporting Vendors