The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Ford Performance 5.0L/5.2L GT500 Aluminum Oil Pan and Pump Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Has anyone installed the GT500 pump and pan on the S197? I see where ford says in the fine print:
***2011-2014 Mustang cross member will require slight modification for clearance***

I am wondering how slight.
I’m running it on my 2014. I had to clearance the pinch weld seam on both sides - roughly in the area of the arrows in this picture. I’m running the Watson solid engine mounts so no flex - may have to grind a bit more than I did if you’re using stock or urethane mounts.
IMG_9485.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I’m running it on my 2014. I had to clearance the pinch weld seam on both sides - roughly in the area of the arrows in this picture. I’m running the Watson solid engine mounts so no flex - may have to grind a bit more than I did if you’re using stock or urethane mounts.
View attachment 96391
Thanks, how harsh are the solid mounts?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Thanks, how harsh are the solid mounts?
Not too bad. I kept a close eye on the motor mount bolts thinking they would vibrate loose - hasn’t been an issue. The car as a whole is loud, but not overly harsh.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Any install problems? Do all stock accessories still fit?
No problems at all. I don’t have an AC compressor, but wouldn’t be a problem if it was still on there.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I guess people have different levels of pain tolerance. I tried solid motor mounts on my '16 and they produced nuclear levels of NVH. It was unbelievable, felt like the entire car was going to be shaken to pieces. I've driven purpose built race cars that weren't that bad. I went to a hard poly bushing that was much more tolerable, it was louder than stock but not horribly so.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I guess people have different levels of pain tolerance. I tried solid motor mounts on my '16 and they produced nuclear levels of NVH. It was unbelievable, felt like the entire car was going to be shaken to pieces. I've driven purpose built race cars that weren't that bad. I went to a hard poly bushing that was much more tolerable, it was louder than stock but not horribly so.
No problems at all. I don’t have an AC compressor, but wouldn’t be a problem if it was still on there.
Not too bad. I kept a close eye on the motor mount bolts thinking they would vibrate loose - hasn’t been an issue. The car as a whole is loud, but not overly harsh.
Thanks for the input. I am looking at baffled pan options and do not want any surprises once I make the decision on whichbone and start installing.

TMO Supporting Vendors