The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New GT350 is not a rumor!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
I had the same thought, but instead put the GT500 up for sale. Since I'll just keep the GT350 stock, I'll keep modding the Boss.

are there more mods to do ;-)

seriously though...I continue to dig driving my boss (though only on the street for now) and don't know that I've driven a car with this much charisma.

And I can't wait to see what we can get out of that s550 platform...it's a great time to be a mustang fan.

fuhrius said:
seriously though...I continue to dig driving my boss (though only on the street for now) and don't know that I've driven a car with this much charisma.

And I can't wait to see what we can get out of that s550 platform...it's a great time to be a mustang fan.
The Boss is a fun car to drive and it is a great time to be a Mustang fan. 8)

fuhrius said:
are there more mods to do ;-)

Always. I just can't believe someone didn't call me out on keeping the GT350 stock ::)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Grant 302 said:
The FRPP S/C 5.0 is rated at 624 crank HP with the 8 PSI kit.

The trinity can't make 550 HP N/A. In simple terms, you need more bore for N/A HP and more stroke mostly gets you torque. With all the modular engines designed around 4" bore centers, I doubt there's a good way to get much more N/A HP.

Grant
I beg to differ at least slightly, my 5.0 Coyote is making 436 RWHP with CAI, headers, 85mm TB an a conservative Steeda tune, no CJ manifold or cams. That is 87.2 horsepower per liter at the tires. The Trinity bore/stroke ratio is still under square but versus the 5.4 the bore increased by 1/8" to 93.5 mm, while stroke remained at 105.8 mm, both larger than the Coyote. At 5.8 liters that would be 506 HP. Using a conservative drivetrain loss of 13% you get 492 for my car and 572 for the 5.8. I think it could be done, will it, probably not but I would love it.
Steve

cloud9 said:
Always. I just can't believe someone didn't call me out on keeping the GT350 stock ::)

There'd be another forum post on GT350 forums: "I did what I said I didn't do... GT350 suspension parts coming in"

and it would be all downhill from there ;D

VTBoss302 said:
Latest rumor from the May MM&FF issue is a 5.2 liter making around 520hp
See post #11. I've been calling out 520 HP for quite a while and I'm sure their rumor came from me. ;D You know Ford is going to make sure it puts out more the the Z/28. ;)

I really hope the GT350 is unveiled at the 50th birthday parties.

http://gt350mustangs.com/index.php?topic=65.0

TMO Supporting Vendors