The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Guy From GA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey everyone, like the title says new to this forum.

I have a 2010 GT manual with a few bolt-ons. I cut my teeth on the newer mustangs drag racing.

My wife got a new GTI, and I'd like to try road course racing so we can have fun together.

I'm new to the road race scene so as always please respond to all silly questions and misplaced threads with sarcasm and snarkiness. Don't worry I usually don't get butt hurt very easily.

Also, admin I'm a dude I don't know why my profile says I'm a female.

Thanks

Hmm, I'll have to look into Barber Motorsports Park I've never heard of it before. Road Atlanta is definitely on my list though after I get the suspension done on the car. We have a little track just outside Savannah, it's called Roebling Road, that I want to try when I get back to the states. Roebling is only a 1.2 ish mile track so I think it will be a good place to start learning all things road course.

Roebling Road is a great track to learn about how your car handles. It's also good for driver skill development, with a variety of turns and lots of runoff areas. Road Atlanta is terrific, but can be unforgiving. Barber is like a big autocross track; there's always something going on. There's also little Tally in Munford, AL (more like Roebling), Carolina Motorsports Park near Columbia, SC, Atlanta Motorsports Park in Dawsonville, GA, and Atlanta Motor Speedway's roval in Hampton, GA. It sure is nice to live in the Peach State! :D

Welcome to BMO and you've found the right forum for info on tracking your Mustang. Post some photos of your car when you get a chance and check out the thread below for tips on how to enjoy BMO.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

It's not the best picture, but it's the only one I have access to at the moment. I'm deployed to Kuwait right now. I'll check my camera when I get back to my room tonight.
a4a8a704f98214be5d29c6aadca51bf0.jpg
This is back in February when I bought the car. Don't worry I got rid of the supa gay wheels.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi LERCH:

Welcome to the BMO Forum and congrats on the purchase of your 2010 Mustang. She's a nice looking ride. I liked reading your OP and seeing that Road Racing is now a family activity for you and Wifie.

This is a great Forum to learn about all things Mustang and all things Mustang Race. With a few tweaks you can build a very competitive car and you're sure to have fun passing the GTI on the track.

Thank you so much for your service to this great Nation, stay safe over there and keep under the radar.

All the Best, to you and Family.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

Thanks Hi Pro, I appreciate the support.

I'm Thinking of doing some suspension work when I get home. Any suggestions?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Lerch

I started with drag racing also. TOO crowded and too little return for me. Make a run and then wait 45-90 minutes in staging lanes for your next 15 seconds on track.......I have too short of an attention span for this. LOL

Road racing is a great time. Most tracks will insist you start with an instructor and Will NOT charge for the instructor.

Start small with changes. Except for Drivers Mods!!

Get Seat Time with an instructor. Then worry about modifying your car.

The exception is safety related mods. Brakes, Harnesses, Helmets and more seat time is a good list of priorities for starting out. A pad and fluid upgrade will make a huge difference.

If you are interested at throwing cash at the car........We can help. LOL

It's Very easy to order parts while overseas. I have been doing this for 4 years now. I have been working in Afghanistan since 2008. Still, I have found the most return and enjoyment, will come from seat time and instruction. Also scan youtube for video or other drivers on track at your track.

My daughter and I track our Mustangs. Lots of fun to be had.

Welcome to the site and the sport!!

Hopefully she likes it. She was really bored with drag racing, but we'll see how this goes.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
LERCH said:
Hopefully she likes it. She was really bored with drag racing, but we'll see how this goes.

IMO it's easy to get bored with drag racing. 15 seconds under power??

I was hooked after my first road track event. 2+ hours on track, free lunch and an instructor.

TMO Supporting Vendors