The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW PRODUCT!! 2005-2014 Mustang Master Cylinder Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I am pleased to announce the release of our Master Cylinder Brace!

So, you might be wondering...what is it and why do I need it?

Do you have hard braking mushiness that doesn't go away no matter how you bleed or what fluid you use or what components you change to? Or maybe the brake pedal just goes down farther than you are comfortable with?

I had a head scratcher case of mushy-pedal-itis and tried everything to alleviate it. None of the standard tricks worked. Then, I looked outside the box. I put a dial indicator on the end of the master cylinder and pumped the brakes hard. What I saw surprised me...0.09" of deflection, which resulted in about an inch of extra pedal travel. This must be why the pedal felt mushy, but the brakes never failed. Front wheel drive cars are no stranger to this issue. Their firewalls are just not strong enough, so they have employed MC braces for years, but nobody has looked into them for the Mustangs...until now. Well, I can attest this Master Cylinder Brace significantly reduced my own car's pedal mush and its gets to threshold braking higher on the pedal, which makes heel-toe downshifting much easier and more predicatable. It doesn't break the bank, installs simply and with the adjustable snubber, you can back it all the way off and do quick before and after testing!

2005-2014-mustang-brake-master-cylinder-brace.jpg

2005-2014-mustang-brake-master-cylinder-brace.jpg

They are $89.99 and are available to ship now!

https://www.blowfishracing.com/brakes/117-2005-2014-mustang-brake-master-cylinder-brace.html?live_configurator_token=0e674b5c286aa928ba7b7411173d79cb&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=

voodoo child21 said:
Steve
Bring one to VIR for me, we can do an install video in the paddock.
Steve

I could use that video as my brace arrived and I am about to do the install. It looks fairly straight forward, other than the 5 hoses attached to the plastic clip currently connected to the strut, that will be pushed out of position to mount the brace into the same hole the clip uses. I am assuming it is OK to not have these secured after the brace is installed.

My install is done and I was wrong about the 5 hoses being in the way. Those ended up being below the brace. It was a very easy install, under 30 minutes, and the instructions received with the parts were helpful.

LS110 - please let us know your thoughts on what it has done for brake feel when you have a chance. Thank you.

John

I installed mine this weekend. Easiest thing I have done to the car. I normally would not have bought something like this, but Steve / Blowfish racing has had such a great record making specialty products for our cars that work, I thought why not give this a try too. At the very least I am supporting a shop that has gone out of its way to provide me exceptional service.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
This thing works! I installed it with Steve and Steve in 6 minutes in the garage at VIR. Ran it Saturday and Sunday and really noticed a difference in brake pedal feel once the brakes got hot and an increase in pressure was needed. Pedal feel remained firm. Also confirmed through Ford engineers that firewall does indeed flex a little under heavy load. The piece is also very well made, hard anodized with blowfish logo etched in is classy touch.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors