The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Vintage Mustang sub-forum for track-focused tech discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
She looks great in primer. How is the shakedown going?
The car is at a standstill right now waiting for space to open up in the shop at Vorshlag. The next items to tackle are the driveshaft, cooling system, finishing the wiring, the cage is only about 1/3 complete too. There's quite a long checklist still to be completed. I would honestly think I'd be lucky if the car was ready for it's first drive in 6 months. The original target was the summer or fall of 2020 but then the Covid happened and Terrry had some personnel changes at Vorshlag so the car has been delayed several times.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale
I am buying another car. This time is a fully built 66 race car. It was raced in 1999-2004. It will require some refreshing but the motor only has about 3 hours on it. I want to figure out what class and series I can run it in. Has 4 wheel disc Wilwoods, full cage with original tub and VIN number, stroked 377 running on 110 gas, Richmond Trans, 9" Torsen Rear End. I am hoping SVRA in the IMSA GTO class and NASA AIX class. Have any other ideas. This car was raced out of the country and has not been raced here in the states.

66 Mustang Race Car.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors