The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

No Boss for 14 is the GT Track Pak a 7/8's Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Yes and no...the stock GT on the factory tune does not have the same 'soul' or feel as the stock Boss.

Best part (to me) about a newer track pack car is the ability to get all the options you want...just too bad that there's no option to get the engine as I think it's the most important part.

Grant 302 said:
Yes and no...the stock GT on the factory tune does not have the same 'soul' or feel as the stock Boss.

Best part (to me) about a newer track pack car is the ability to get all the options you want...just too bad that there's no option to get the engine as I think it's the most important part.
+1, may do fine in the handling department but it still doesn't have the forged motor.

MGCurry said:
and it has 255's all around
I wouldn't say that's a huge difference, to me the motor is what really stands out. I believe it would be more expensive to get a GT and replace the engine parts to get it close or the same as a Boss, again motor was the big push for me.

Having dynoed many GTs and Bosses, I think the motors are more similar than different, at least in terms of power production. Of course the boss has better guts for high RPM, and holds the power to 7500. The GT has more TQ in the 2-4k range. The stock boss calibration is probably more agressive at part throttle, making it feel different. I think the weight and the stock/wheel tire size is probably more of an on-track difference than the engine.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
My recommendation- buy track pack GT coupe with Recaros for $33679. Buy Aluminator NA for $8300, swap motors and sell stock GT long block for $4000+\-
Cost $38000. Add tune, CJ manifold/TB, M-5300T springs, Koni Yellows and set of 302 S wheels for $3000. Have super track car for $41000 plus labor and tax. most of the mods we all end up doing anyway.
Steve

steveespo said:
My recommendation- buy track pack GT coupe with Recaros for $33679. Buy Aluminator NA for $8300, swap motors and sell stock GT long block for $4000+\-
Cost $38000. Add tune, CJ manifold/TB, M-5300T springs, Koni Yellows and set of 302 S wheels for $3000. Have super track car for $41000 plus labor and tax. most of the mods we all end up doing anyway.
Steve

+1 well said

steveespo said:
Steve
Wow you sound like you've been doing your homework. ;D

Drooling now. However, if this is it;

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23300

Suggested retail is $16k.

steveespo said:
Steve
That's a pretty good plan also.

TMO Supporting Vendors