The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Northwoods Shelby Club Open Track Events (Road America/Autobahn/Blackhawk Farms)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Was waiting to see what was going to pop up in our NASA Region and looks like I blew the chance for RA in July as the Advanced group is already full. May have to wait till next year and there is an event nearer to me ( with both SCCA and NASA ), so will likely go to one of those events. Looking forward to doing an event with Northwoods Shelby Group in the future as have heard even more good things about them from folks I chatted with who have already attended their events.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That is one track I think I would feel more comfortable running with seasoned drivers , as the speeds mean you come on top of folks quickly and I would want those out there to be super aware --- I know how quickly some popped up on me years back.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I enjoyed running with the novice group. Now the only tyme I pass someone is when I missed the checkered flag while the other are on the cool down lap! 😜

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
To update this group. The Northwoods Shelby Club Memorial Day Weekend event at Road America is on. Each day is 9 hours of track for $500. This was sent out Friday.

After the overwhelming positive response to yesterday’s email we will be running at Road America on Memorial Day Weekend, May 23-24. Registration will open today at 4:00 PM CDT. Cost is $500/day for a true open track experience. Based on the number of members who responded this event will probably sell out.

No spectators will be allowed. Each driver will be allowed to have three “crew members.” There is a “crew member” box on the registration form that will allow you to enter the name(s) of anyone who will be attending the event with you. A guest list will be created and if your name is not on the list you will not be allowed to enter.

24-hour security starting Friday night will be provided. Camping is available. Camping and electrical permits can be purchased during registration on Friday night and Saturday. Click on the event information link for schedule, garage rentals, etc.

Registration Link: https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...nt-road-america-northwoods-shelby-club-465828

Event Information Link:
http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/northwood-shelby-club-memorial-day-weekend-event/

To update this group. The Northwoods Shelby Club Memorial Day Weekend event at Road America is on. Each day is 9 hours of track for $500. This was sent out Friday.

After the overwhelming positive response to yesterday’s email we will be running at Road America on Memorial Day Weekend, May 23-24. Registration will open today at 4:00 PM CDT. Cost is $500/day for a true open track experience. Based on the number of members who responded this event will probably sell out.

No spectators will be allowed. Each driver will be allowed to have three “crew members.” There is a “crew member” box on the registration form that will allow you to enter the name(s) of anyone who will be attending the event with you. A guest list will be created and if your name is not on the list you will not be allowed to enter.

24-hour security starting Friday night will be provided. Camping is available. Camping and electrical permits can be purchased during registration on Friday night and Saturday. Click on the event information link for schedule, garage rentals, etc.

Registration Link: https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...nt-road-america-northwoods-shelby-club-465828

Event Information Link:
http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/northwood-shelby-club-memorial-day-weekend-event/

this is only for advanced drivers?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Nice to see NSC took over that PCA date @ Road America. I hoped that they would designate 1 of those 2 days for the people that had registered for the April event which was canceled due to COVID. 😞

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
$500 a day is awful steep. I had two days scheduled and it was less than $500 total with the Shelby club. Pace car drivers don't make nearly as much as race car drivers!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Central NASA Region is running at Topeka the 30-31 for $429 total for the weekend, so will be spending my track money there this time --- one of the easiest tracks on tires anywhere!

TMO Supporting Vendors