The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Oil filter: Motorcraft FL-500S or FL-820S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Yes, it'll work with a stock GT engine or a stock GT/TP engine.

May not work with cars that have the Boss cooler plus a sandwich plate (for sensors or remote oil-air cooler).

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Grant 302 said:
May not work with cars that have the Boss cooler plus a sandwich plate (for sensors or remote oil-air cooler).

The gasket is actually in the same location on both filters (500 and 820). Zero issues with either on my car (with the additional Air/Oil cooler).

JScheier said:
The gasket is actually in the same location on both filters (500 and 820). Zero issues with either on my car (with the additional Air/Oil cooler).

Same here sort of, stock cooler and glowshift sandwich plate, 500S, 820S, K&N HP2010 all fit with no issues. I prefer the HP2010 as I pick it up at Advanced Auto Parts with an oil change special for about $6.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
JScheier said:

I mean that it's bigger and won't fit in that space with the sandwich adapter. All the gaskets are the same.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel