The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Oil temp concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pittsburgh,pa
So talking with friends, we have a couple cars we track, one is a 19 pp2 car, the others are two 12 mustangs, mine has a tvs2300 and boss 302 oil cooler on it and the other is mostly stock, cai, suspension, and boss 302 oil cooler. We have been looking at oil to air coolers to try to get oil temps down, don’t want to hurt anything and cost time and money. We have been reading and doing as many much research as possible, we have come to find that the 948 cooler is the go to, was looking for some first hand experience on them. Anyone run one with a vmp heat exchanger? Any other recommendations or tips? I have tried to search and look around but didn’t find anything that is definitive on this. Kinda running out of room in the front bumper to put stuff haha

Monaca Pa
So talking with friends, we have a couple cars we track, one is a 19 pp2 car, the others are two 12 mustangs, mine has a tvs2300 and boss 302 oil cooler on it and the other is mostly stock, cai, suspension, and boss 302 oil cooler. We have been looking at oil to air coolers to try to get oil temps down, don’t want to hurt anything and cost time and money. We have been reading and doing as many much research as possible, we have come to find that the 948 cooler is the go to, was looking for some first hand experience on them. Anyone run one with a vmp heat exchanger? Any other recommendations or tips? I have tried to search and look around but didn’t find anything that is definitive on this. Kinda running out of room in the front bumper to put stuff haha
I have the Setrab 948 on my car but it’s NA. My temp sensor chit the bead and I never got any temps.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pittsburgh,pa
I'm interested too in what you find out. My '11 has a 2.3 whipple on it and I'm doing a bunch of research on cooling as we speak.
Well this weekend I plan on removing the front bumper for the 100th time it seems like haha, my friend ended up and got a 948 oil cooler for his s550. going to see if it will fit between the VMP heater exchanger and condenser. I dont think it is going to fit, but never know till you try. Im also going to try and keep the boss oil cooler also. But for just engine coolant, Im using a mishimoto rad, that works great to keep coolant temp down, the highest coolant temp i saw at road america was 235, Normal driving coolant temp stays between 180 and 200 depending on Ambient air temp

TMO Supporting Vendors