The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PFC Brake Pad Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Alum Bank, PA
EDIT - Darn it. Meant to put this in the S550 forum. Sorry about that.

Hello everyone - first post….

I have a 21 Mach 1 that I am going to prepare for track duties…. One of the things I was able to find to upgrade was a pair of PFC 2 pc front rotors. These were old stock from the Roush P51 cars… and they came with a set of PFC pads. In looking at the PFC website the listing for those cars says the only available pads for the P51s are “Disc Brake Pad – Max Performance Carbon Metallic Brake Pad – Front” but does not give give any other specifications. My thoughts are they probably will make good street pads…. Can anyone here tell from the photo Ive attached the specs on them?

Thanks!
IMG_5943.jpeg

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I don't know about those specific pads, but back in the day when I was doing WTW racing, after much experimenting with other pads I ran nothing but Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. They were excellent in all respects, great stopping power, easy to modulate, not terribly hard on rotors and they wore very well. If it says Carbon Metallic then I think they're race pads. But perhaps call the company and find out? They may have changed their branding over the years.

In the V6L
I looked at the Roush website and then the PFC website for information about Roush P51 2017 brakes. The pads fit Mustang GT factory Brembo calipers and the PFC part number 1792.10 ends in ".10" which is referenced on this chart from the PFC website:

1688313415687.png

So, it looks like you have a Z-rated compound pad. In terms of track pad performance, here's the chart showing the application:

1688313507656.png

The short red line at the bottom of the chart is the Z-rated pad. Relatively low mu, not built to run over 550 degrees C.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Alum Bank, PA
Thanks everyone. My suspicion was that these are decent street pads…. It looks like that is proving to be the case. Appreciate the help. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors