The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your GT350 or S550 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Killer looking car!!! Planning to run there in October with NASA ( joint Great Lakes and Central Region Event). Hope you might be there as it would be good to pick someone's brain prior to racing? I know that we will be doing the South Course Saturday and Sunday, but there is no way I can get there this Summer to get in some track time? If you have any video clips of Autobahn do post them up!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hell yes, I am sure many of us would love to see your old Stang in action!!??

If you are excited about the Larry Park Memorial Event you need to seriously figure a way to make it to Nebraska in September some year. I live about 20 miles North of Omaha, and that puts me about 60 miles away from Lincoln, Nebraska - home of the Solo Nationals! This is the " Worlds Largest Participatory Automotive Event, " with close to 1400 drivers racing through the cones on two quite large courses. There are Pro Solo races on the weekend prior to the 4 days of cone carving, so some folks actually end up staying in Lincoln for over a week. My wife and I are empty nesters , so you have a bedroom with your name on it if you ever decide to make this event?
My son and I compete in his Evo IV , and since it barely weighs 3000 lbs , it does haul!

Can respond on your question concerning the R7s, as I have seen about 1 to1.5 seconds improvement with the R7s on the two main tracks I run. Neither is as high speed as Willow and they will wear quicker than the Sport Cup 2s. If it is a super hot day the Michelins may even be quicker , or equal, as it still takes longer for them to get greasy compared to the Hoosiers.

Black Boss may chime in as he has run both tires quite often and he has experience on some high speed tracks - Daytona, Watkins Glen, etc.

Just catching up with this thread. The PSC2’s are as quick or quicker than R7’s for the first cycle, after that the R7’s are potentially quicker and more consistent. BUT it’s track dependent, the R7’s have a shorter sidewall, affecting gearing. I’ve run fastest laps at several tracks including Sebring on PSC2’s.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks fo your response Black Boss as I have mentioned your evaluation to some folks in the past and this note is even more definitive for many. Car looks absolutely great , and loved your video at Autobahn. Hope to make it there later in the year to run the South Course. What is a good time for that portion or have you only run the full track?

Hell yes, I am sure many of us would love to see your old Stang in action!!??

If you are excited about the Larry Park Memorial Event you need to seriously figure a way to make it to Nebraska in September some year. I live about 20 miles North of Omaha, and that puts me about 60 miles away from Lincoln, Nebraska - home of the Solo Nationals! This is the " Worlds Largest Participatory Automotive Event, " with close to 1400 drivers racing through the cones on two quite large courses. There are Pro Solo races on the weekend prior to the 4 days of cone carving, so some folks actually end up staying in Lincoln for over a week. My wife and I are empty nesters , so you have a bedroom with your name on it if you ever decide to make this event?
My son and I compete in his Evo IV , and since it barely weighs 3000 lbs , it does haul!
Thanks for the invite Bill. This is a quick visit, will start planning the next and thanks for the offer, muchly appreciated.

TMO Supporting Vendors