The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your GT350 or S550 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking good and excellent color choice. ;)

Paul@PAE

Supporting Vendor
Yes it was a real heart breaker for Brian. Radiator tube split open (16# cap).
Brian and I started (26) races this season, we had (22) wins, (3) 2nds and that was our only DNF.
PAE cars did win (3) Championships that weekend. I won AIX (blue 65 Mustang in picture), Eric Fuehrer won AI, and Brian won Time Trial Unlimited (broke track record by 8 seconds).
Paul

74mach said:
Yes it was a real heart breaker for Brian. Radiator tube split open (16# cap).
Brian and I started (26) races this season, we had (22) wins, (3) 2nds and that was our only DNF.
PAE cars did win (3) Championships that weekend. I won AIX (blue 65 Mustang in picture), Eric Fuehrer won AI, and Brian won Time Trial Unlimited (broke track record by 8 seconds).
Paul
Paul, that's impressive to say the least. Congratulations on an outstanding season. If you ever have time TMO members love race car build threads and we'd love to see one on your S550. Another member is turning his GT350R into a race car that you can read about in the thread below and I'm sure he could learn a few things from PAE.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=11882.0

And of course info like this:

http://www.paulsautomotiveengineering.com/projects/rons-2013-boss-302s-upgrades

VoodooBOSS said:
Nice photos Nick, that top one will make a nice header photo. Who was that in the R following you? And from looking at the photos are you thinking about adding stiffer springs to your car? Was @StigsBaldBrother there?

Nope, not this time. I've been remodeling my kitchen. I'll be there in January though.

Pictures look amazing though Nick!

VoodooBOSS said:
Who was that in the R following you? And from looking at the photos are you thinking about adding stiffer springs to your car?

@VoodooBOSS Rick, That is Bill M -- one of the Chin Instructors -- fun session!

Re springs, there's more roll in the pics than you "feel" -- likely a benefit of the magnaride. If I wasn't building the race car I might try the new FP springs, once available, assuming they're stiffer than the R springs, but to be honest this car is so good I'd likely leave it stock for at least a season....

TMO Supporting Vendors