The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your GT350 or S550 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
With the number of tracks you have been to, your bucket has got to be getting awfully full? Been to 20 tracks , already, over the years, but I think I will sit down with you when you get to Hastings in September, and have you help formulate my bucket list from all your favorites. Nothing like first hand reports from Quick Nick to save me the hassle of going to a few tracks that could prove there was a hole in my bucket?!

Still have a lot of tracks to get to: Road Atlanta, Atlanta Motorsports Park, Palmer, Pitt Race, Calabogie, Mosports, and then there's the West Coast.......

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Road Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks in the US, that should definitely be up there at the top. Going up the hill, under the bridge and down through turn 12 is a major rush!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I kinda of wondered with that short length. But, heh, a place fairly close to go play and hammer on the Shelby can't ever be all bad!
Will go check out your video!

Anthony, who was driving the other GT350 you passed in your video?

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Yeah, earlier chassis number than mine but it was a 2017 and the guy fitted a ProCharger to it, apparently claimed 700hp ... Still he couldn't shake me in the straights, and was just slow while over his own limits in the corners...

I'm afraid to say he was a "typical" owner, you know, with the usual cliché of the open hood as soon as he parked, and the bad driving lol

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Yotha1:

You smoked that other GB GT350, I was surprised how fast you caught him 1/2 way through 1st lap?

It sounded monsterious taking off out if pit lane in front of you. Once you were on his tail, he almost lost it once.

Pressure. . .

Nice drive,
302 Hi Pro

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Hey I'm one of those guys that pops the hood. :) The Bosses got so hot you needed too. Still pop it open in my 350. Also popping open the trunk now too and removing the spare tire trunk panel. The diff get hotter than the trans and engine fluids. I think maybe the diff needs more air or a larger cooler.
I can understand popping the hood after a session. I just will never understand popping the hood as soon as you arrive at the event and park to go to the drivers' briefing...

Paul@PAE

Supporting Vendor
PAE's Mustang at Grid Life's Track Battle, Mid Ohio April 9th.
Brian and I went up to test (new front sheet metal, aero, Hawk's new DTC 80 compound in our Brembo calipers) before our race season starts in a couple of weeks.
Great group of people. Car ran well, Brian drove very well. Won the Unlimited Rear wheel drive class with a PB 1:24.9, track record, fastest overall lap.
Still lots of little things to do but pleased.
IMG_0543 (004).jpg Mid Ohio .jpg

DFW, TX
Road Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks in the US, that should definitely be up there at the top. Going up the hill, under the bridge and down through turn 12 is a major rush!!
It was a much bigger thrill before the redesign. Had the scariest track moment of my life there, put two wheel off on the left after the bridge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Are you talking about when it was essentially a straight right down to going under the bridge. Have to agree if that is what you are talking about, lost a friend who went airborne and actually hit the bridge.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel