The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post if you served in the Armed Forces, or are a First Responder ( Doctor, Nurse, Fireman, Police Officer, Ambulance Paramedic, Trooper, etc. )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
@Jet One - Thank you for your service sir. That's some aircraft engine you get to work on. Must make working on your Mustang a breeze!
Thank you! Jet engines are easier in some ways...repetition through the years helps a ton. Having the perfect tool and support equipment at your disposal makes things so much easier than working on cars. I can have a T-38 engine out in 1.5 hours. I’m sure some can do that with cars but, not me Lol!

Lots of small parts don’t intimidate me...jet engine maintenance has definitely taught me that.

drano38

Wayne
@Jet One
Thanks for the T-38 pics! I've got over 2,000 hours flying them as an IP at Vance and Randolph. I'd have to dig thru my log book, but I might have flown those 2 in the pics. Only shut one engine down, for a hydraulic leak. Looks like those are non-PMP engines. I thought they had upgraded all of them.
I loved flying that jet, and I really miss her.
Thanks to you, and everyone, who has and is keeping us free and safe.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
13+ years active duty Navy... If you couldn't tell by my username.

Honestly, I have to give a shout out to all of the healthcare workers and their families. My wife and I welcomed our third child back in March. Three weeks in the NICU during all of this. Can't thank them enough.

Also, my brother-in-law is a pharmacist. Those guys are sticking their necks out also and often don't get credit like nurses/doctors do.

Kudos to everyone who truly is doing their part, even if it is as simple as staying at home and watching TV.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
FL Gator ---- born in your State ( McDill ), but was just a Service Brat. Spent some time in Bitburg AFB when I was young , where did you get stationed in Europe?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Fort Worth
USAF from 1985-1997. I was dead-ass broke after college graduation and needed a way to pay for medical school. Thank you USAF! I served as an anesthesiologist at Wilford Hall Lackland AFB and at Nellis AFB. Now in private practice in DFW area. I'm literally in the face of this disease every day, caring for patients who may or may not be positive - with limited testing, you never know. I'm in a high risk group (58 years old) and scared to death every day that I may get it or worse yet, bring it home to my family/friends. Social Distancing is impossible in my job. PPE availability is our biggest challenge. I'll tell ya what though, wearing all the required PPE ain't anywhere near as bad as wearing full MOPP 4 gear!

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Hey Bill,

I was an Army brat. Spent 10 of my 24 years in Germany. Stationed at Ramstein AB and Erlangen just north of Nuermberg. I was stationed at McDill and retired from there. Small world.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Small world indeed and only spend 3.5 years in Germany, and imagine with 10 jarhe aus Deutschland du spreche Deutsch zehr gut?!

Appreciate your sacrifice and enjoy your retirement!

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Bill, check your Conversation/mail. Thought I would keep this thread on topic.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Realized a couple of friends have not posted as they are on the front lines now ------ Dr., Nurse , Police Officer. We really appreciate you guys out there , but many may not be able to post as they are working 24/7!!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
The Thunderbirds and Blue Angels did their America Strong flyover in Philadelphia today. I hope they gave the nurses, doctors, aides, and first responders the morale boost they needed and so richly deserve. They did 3 passes over downtown Philly. I took these on a top level of a parking garage near Amtrak's 30th Street Station and I was lucky enough to get a good view of each of their passes.

America Strong Flyover Philly-28 April 2020-1.jpgAmerica Strong Flyover Philly-28 April 2020-2.jpgAmerica Strong Flyover Philly-28 April 2020-3.jpgAmerica Strong Flyover Philly-28 April 2020-4.jpgAmerica Strong Flyover Philly-28 April 2020-5.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors