The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Powertrain Warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
NJ
Hi All!

Looking for some advice and a little direction on the current situation with my 2014 GT.

While performing routine maintenance after a couple track days at The Glen, I discovered metal in my motor oil and significant "use" of motor oil as well (car was low almost a quart after the 300 mile ride home). I'm shocked since I bought the car new and spend mostly all my free time pampering it.

Any recommendations on how to handle this situation? I've read a ton of horror stories about dealers and since I don't have a strong relationship with any, I'm expecting the worst. For background, I purchased the car down in Virginia but live in NJ. Engine is completely stock and on the stock tune. I have records/receipts for all the maintenance which my father and I have performed ourselves using Amsoil products.

Appreciate any help or insight you guys could share!

-Joe

There’s a 5 year 60,000 mile warranty on your engine. If your motor is stock there should be no issues taking it to a dealer. I suggest calling the dealer and talking to the service manager first so they know what’s up instead of just showing up. You should get a sense on the phone how that dealer will handle the situation. If you don’t get a positive sense from them call another dealer.

Good luck!

TMO Supporting Vendors